Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quietside Oil Fired

I would like to know more about the Quietside oil fired boiler/heating equipment. Now good are they? Do they perform well in very cold and windy area's? Does the Quietside give good service? I am building a new house and I like the concept of space heating and DHW from the same unit. but I have not heard of Quietside so I would appreciate any comments you might have. Thanks

Stay away from this brand

Korean junk. Many people have had problems. No parts distribution.
    First get a seperate indirect tank. Combo's are for studio apartments and cabins.
    If you want something very small and light: Toyotomi OM-180. Still has a propriatary burner. Best Idea is a small cast iron low mass 3 pass boiler like a Biasi with a Riello
    burner. Get a nice indirect like a Triangle Tube or a reverse indirect like the Turbomax.
    And will oil: build a chimney, don't wast time with direct venting.

Nooooooooo ... Parts

Nooooooooo.... Service

Nooooooooo .. Buy

allisaw

Thanks for the heads up. The sales rep tells me that this Quietside boiler is the best invention since the bread slicer. Is it posible that you had just an isolated problem?

your a Thrillseeker .....

where exactly were you anticipating purchasing this heater from ..??

It;s all about the burner

Beckett, Carlin and Reillo are 99.9% of the oil burner market and everyone's worked on one of them. No one knows quietside from a hole in the wall. What's a tech gonna do at 3am on a 10 degree below zero night when he doesn't have a part? I know the Toyotomi uses an odd sized oil nozzle not found in the US so you need buy spares.

Save yourself some cold nights. Get something the industry can work on. You can live without it when a Korean TV or dish washer breaks. My heat, I want fixed NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by allisaw View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. The sales rep tells me that this Quietside boiler is the best invention since the bread slicer. Is it posible that you had just an isolated problem?
    companies will do there best to sell there product whether it junk or not. im not familer with this product so parts supplies would be a concern for me even if it is a reliable unit
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

i get the impression, he's found someplace to buy it online

Quietside

Good Morning,
    Thanks for the input. From the jest of your responce's I belive I should re-think this issue. I was planning to purchase this uint from the dealer in Fairbanks, Alaska. They have been a dealer for Quitside for about 2 years; however they are only a retailer and do not offer service. Quitside brochers claim that this unit is the most energy effient heating unit built to date world wide. Considering the price of # 1 fuel oil ($4.95 per gal.) and our long cold (sometimes -70f) winters energy, effiency is the hook that got my attention

there are other ones, like Monitor .....

Thanks,

The Monitor Water Heater is not sold in Alaska.

No to quietside

Our company use to install quietside boiler, oil, gas and propane, nothing but problems and really hard to get parts. Stay away!

Have you thought about going with propane, more options; cooktop, fireplace, bbq line, boiler. I really munchkin boilers, good quality, lots over versatility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast