Excessive starts on new RTAA Chiller Module

Hey guys, recently had 2 RTAA-125 chillers brought on-line with the factory start-up by Trane.
    After some initial problems ( "oil flow control" fault -try finding that in the IOM-and Memory III fault ) they decided to replace the Chiller Modules in each chiller. This worked and both chillers are happy and running.

My problem is that one module shows over one million starts and about 900,000 run hours on Comp #1 and on Comp #2 the starts are accurate but the run time is out of whack. This was brought to my attention by the Trane tech ( I wasn't on site for the swap out ) and he told me he has seen this before and there is no way to reset starts and times to zero.

So, since I'm so anal and all that math annoys me has anyone come across this before and is there a fix?

Thanks, Jim

check your start contactor..all those starts should show on the CKT-1 contacts for that circuit if it was never changed the module bounced its start counter somehow.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    check your start contactor..all those starts should show on the CKT-1 contacts for that circuit if it was never changed the module bounced its start counter somehow.
    Maxster, these are new chillers with under 20 starts before Chiller Modules were replaced, supposedly right out of the box from La Crosse. I posted this question to find out if the Trane Tech ( who happens to be a friend ) is BSing me or that you cannot reset the starts and hours to zero.

There is no way to reset or change the amount of starts/hours. The new chiller module when installed and configured for chiller should have 0 starts/hours. If I am able to get the starts/hours before replacing chiller module. I write them down on the inside of the door so they can be added to what the new chiller module displays for starts/hours so actual starts/hours can be known since chiller was new. If the enormous amount of starts/hours that the new chiller module displays is a big deal to you, Then the only option is to replace it. I have replaced a lot of these modules and everytime the new modules had 0 starts/hours.
    It's All Good!!!

Replace the Module.

RTAA modules

There is no way to reset the hours and starts .The new modules should have been at zero.Did the tech who changed the boards wear an anti static wrist band when he changed them. static discharge can do weird stuff to electronics.Just a thought.

Jimbob, AC, Graham thanks for the replies and confirming that starts and run hours can't be reset. Even with Trane 1 year start-up warranty customer might make an issue of this. Looking at the bright side Trane must be pretty confident to be able to record a million + starts.
    Thanks, Jim

i beleive if you update your ch530 service pak to version 10 you should beable to set starts and run hours. i think its a new perk with the latest version

Quote Originally Posted by bcgnet View Post
    i beleive if you update your ch530 service pak to version 10 you should beable to set starts and run hours. i think its a new perk with the latest version
    This is an RTAA, CH530 is on RTAC.
    It's All Good!!!

I agree with jimbob & graham

Where the Women are fast and the horses are pretty...Tennessee

Hmm Did you say new modules?

If these mods were just replaced, why wouldn't they be under parts warranty? Without accurate numbers how can lead/lag be able to keep run times and starts balanced? Time to call your Trane friend.

FWIW,Stopped and checked the chillers today, found "Comp A" start and run numbers are now normal with about a weekend worth of starts recorded. The only holdout is the run hours for "Comp B" which is still reading crazy. Must be the warm weather.
    Jim