Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honeywell "JADE" economizers whats your opinion?

I went through the Jade sales pitch/class today for how easy and efficient honeywells new design is to install and utilize. Its not extremely expensive so I'm interested since most economizers don't work correct as it is. Has anyone used this yet or installed? Im trying to get an opinion together and an idea on installation times. If you havent heard of it RSD has it on there website, or at least they said they did.

I really like the JADE, its service friendly and easy to install, some of the newest Carriers RTUs come with it, soon all manufacturers will follow.

Cool, glad to hear that! Now I just have to get customers to say yes! Thanks.

I've started a few carriers with the jade. Pretty basic. I'm sure it will fail like anything else sooner or later. It is electronic...
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Guaranteed 5 years if you buy the kit. It's supposed to be easy to dial in and work with ease. I can get the customer a big rebate with our SCE optimization program.

Last I read, the old Honeywell economizer sensors and moduals are no longer supported by Honeywell. So JADE is it.
    Better Service Through Knowledge...
    RSES, The HVACR Training Authority. www.rses.org

Quote Originally Posted by rfhcms View Post
    Last I read, the old Honeywell economizer sensors and moduals are no longer supported by Honeywell. So JADE is it.
    Not only are they no longer supported, they are no longer manufactured. Many of these components are no longer available in the supply houses in then Chicago area. Only choice is JADE components/kits.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

And they are drastically increasing the price. It's cheaper to buy the kit rather then the actuator. Last one I bought was $650.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    Not only are they no longer supported, they are no longer manufactured. Many of these components are no longer available in the supply houses in then Chicago area. Only choice is JADE components/kits.
    While supplies last, purchased the last four W7210 and three W7459 our main HoneyWell distributor had. JADE is not bad and easy to program and install...but still much easier and CHEAPER to just swap a faulty module with an exact replacement, thus why I stocked up on what I could. Once they are gone, customer eating the cost of a JADE kit and actuator upgrade.

Installed my first.
    Liked it all good so far

Just wondering, what is so special about them?

TIA
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Just bought one, looks pretty easy. Only problem is the suppliers in my area didn't even have a part # for a C7400S sensor let alone one in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    Just wondering, what is so special about them?

TIA
    Nifty LCD screen allows dialing in of values. Lots of peripherals available as well. Makes setting them up pretty easy. You can also use them to test the units heating and cooling functions.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast