Watch those platforms in the air.

Serviced this unit a week ago. Made mention to the customer, the platform didn't look too good, but it supported me ok.
    Got a call from the owner this afternoon from out of town, the yard man said the platform collapsed.

Found it hanging off the wall supported by the elect connection- breaker tripped. Line cracked and lost charge.

The tilt of the condenser was away from the suction port of the compressor, so I suspect the compressor still has it's oil contained- maybe.

Glad I wasn't on this when this happened- I'll be a little more aware of it next time for sure.

Name:  Herfordhangingac001_zps65d4927a.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  Herfordhangingac003_zps0f9d03d5.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  62.1 KB

Name:  Herfordhangingac013_zps45eb2c6e.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  63.1 KB

Name:  Herfordhangingac010_zps3b7e1746.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  Herfordhangingac016_zps9eb0b1fa.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  64.3 KB

Stupid design

Are they putting it on the ground now?

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Are they putting it on the ground now?
    I would think with the house that high that it is a flood area and unit has to be that high.

improper support for platform?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

What's that lift you're using? I use a sheetrock jack from time to time and as you can guess it sucks.

The platform was built ok, but the two 45* supports were screwed to the sides of the columns to the second floor, so the screws were holding the weight. They should have used bolts at the least.

It has to be up that high, being on the lake in the flood zone.

The lift is a Genie SL10 with outriggers and the optional heavy aluminum forks- rated 1,000 lbs. It weights about 350 lbs and is getting hard for me to move around. It will go 11' 6" high. I got lucky with this one. It was used in a warehouse out of the weather, has the optional forks, two speed winch, outrigged legs and solid plate adapter. $700.00 bucks.

im VERY impressed with who ever wired that thing up!

Looking at all of the actual home's bracing on those posts...... wonder how those screws are doing. That's assuming the same attachment method was used.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    Looking at all of the actual home's bracing on those posts...... wonder how those screws are doing. That's assuming the same attachment method was used.
    Interesting you say that. Talked with the insurance man this a.m., he mentioned an inspection on the rest of the construction in part of the conversation.
    I stay neutral but mentioned it would be warranted.

I would doubt the future reliability of that unit. Was it running when it fell? Did compressor stay in place? You had to lose some oil with the refrigerant, at the least you have to pull the compressor to check the oil charge. If it was running fan blade may be bent, who knows.
    Nows the time to test your selling skills, you mentioned insurance, hope you told him the unit is unsafe...
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Wow you are lucky that would have hurt if it broke with you on it the pluse side you have a service call lol