Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are no ratings with the 12 year old furnace. It's an XV80 based on the model #. With today's XV80 of that size, with that coil, the rating is 14.50.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    My mistake on the XR16. Things have changed. Thanks for the correction, duckman.
    Glad I could help! As to the org poster you will be hard pressed to find a match up with a 12 year old furance.

So if you Chosse to use your existing furance with a new condenser and coil, you will have to relie on the condenser and coil match up to get the true seer rating. Which is fine as the condenser and coil will have a rated seer with any furance. So the seer rating with Just the coil and condenser will be 14.50 regardless of furance.

If you choose to install a new furnace the seer rating might go as high 15-16 seer just depends on the furnace you might choose?

The 14.50 I posted is with an XV80, same size he has now, just the latest model TUD2B080...

Just the usual game calling it an XR16 because a few matches get that or more even though most don't

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. The vendor was the one who suggested we could keep the 12 year old XV80. He said its no different from the current model

i would get the xr13 or xr 15
    We really need change now

One thing to consider although the XV you have is the same as a new XV the warranty would be out on your current furance.

What the one thing that's comes on and runs regardless of heating or cooling? The blower motor and the control board that allows it to do so.

So lets say you replace the condenser and the coil with new equipment. What is more then lickly to fail next? The motor or control board and it would be out of warranty being that's it 12 years old! So just think about that.

This is something that I stress to any customer when just replacing the outdoor unit and coil. Why? Simple to cover my rear end and inform the customer! Then it's up to them and or you what to do.

It's not that I think it want work but look at the fact that the next probelm might be with the furnace that has no warranty. Do a cost comparaion with your installer and see what it will cost to replace the whole system now or just the condenser and coil vs replacment of the furance later.

Might be in your best interest to change it all out now and have full warranty on everything depending on how long you plan to be your home. All things to consider when investing in a new system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12