We have decided to go with Lennox but have been given so much different info that it’s hard to decipher it all and don’t know who to believe!
Location - Tucson, AZ
House built in 1978, 1660 Sq. Ft., All Electric, older dual pane windows, avg insulation - no upgrades / additions
Replacing a very old, (maybe original with house) VERY inefficient split system. My electric bills are highest June - Sept with August sometimes being THREE TIMES what the lowest bill is (usually March).
We are looking at the following two Lennox Systems:
1. XP14 (single stage) / CBX27UH Up to 16.5 SEER and 9.5 HSPF
2. XP16 (2 stage) / CBX32MV Variable speed Up to 16.5 SEER and 9.5 HSPF
1. The price diff is about $ installed. Considering that they have the same ratings, is the XP16 combo worth it?
2. If we go with the XP16 / CBX32MV will we be MORE likely to need duct work because of the increased push?
3. We've been told that we need a 3 ton and we've been told that we need a 4 ton - both did J load Calcs - how does that happen, which do we need?