Single or two Stage, Set or Variable Speed, 3 or 4 ton? PLEASE HELP
We have decided to go with Lennox but have been given so much different info that it’s hard to decipher it all and don’t know who to believe!
Location - Tucson, AZ
House built in 1978, 1660 Sq. Ft., All Electric, older dual pane windows, avg insulation - no upgrades / additions
Replacing a very old, (maybe original with house) VERY inefficient split system. My electric bills are highest June - Sept with August sometimes being THREE TIMES what the lowest bill is (usually March).
We are looking at the following two Lennox Systems:
1. XP14 (single stage) / CBX27UH Up to 16.5 SEER and 9.5 HSPF
2. XP16 (2 stage) / CBX32MV Variable speed Up to 16.5 SEER and 9.5 HSPF
1. The price diff is about $ installed. Considering that they have the same ratings, is the XP16 combo worth it?
2. If we go with the XP16 / CBX32MV will we be MORE likely to need duct work because of the increased push?
3. We've been told that we need a 3 ton and we've been told that we need a 4 ton - both did J load Calcs - how does that happen, which do we need?
Last edited by beenthere; 06-20-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Reason: Price difference
Tags for this Thread