Thread: Trane CleanEffects whole house air cleaner:

Post Likes

Trane CleanEffects whole house air cleaner:

Hello, i hope this is the correct spot to post this...

I just purchased a home (Trane system “heat pump” installed Sept 2009) and I have a cleaneffects air cleaner installed on the Trane air handler. The plug is not inserted into the cleaneffects door and when I plug it in it will not turn on. So I took the service panel off the air handler and the red wire for the cleaneffects is not connected to the low voltage panel - obviously why the cleaneffects won't power on. My question is should I connect the red wire to the red terminal and try it? The filters are clean as a whistle and look like they have never been turned on. I think I would like the air cleaner but want to check before I turn it on as someone before me unhooked it for what ever reason... Risks? Thanks!

Post Likes
    bump... Would like to try it but would like to know of any risks. thanks

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-22-2013 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Non Pro * member

Post Likes
    healthyair guy, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

Your post has been deleted.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

Last edited by beenthere; 06-22-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Non Pro * member

Post Likes
    What system/air handler is it paired with? There were some issues with compatibility on some air handlers where it would throw a fault code and shut it down. There was also an issue with the collection cells on the first generation CE. I would not connect it until I know why it was disconnected. If all the other wires were connected on it there must have been a reason to disable it.

Post Likes
    I'd recommend having it checked by a technician familiar with the Clean Effects air cleaner, and have them verify that it does not have the recalled collection cells.

Post Likes
    healthyair guy, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

Your post has been deleted.

Post Likes
    Agree with Mark. If the system has not been serviced in the last 4 years would be a good time for a cleaning and tune up on the whole system.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in