Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman06 View Post
    My mistake I was looking a XB13 paired with the tam7 air handler. When you have a XB14 paired with a tsm7. So that was a oversite on my part.

With that out of the way then yes your current system shows a rating of 15 seer as others pointed out. So that's the good news. Bad news is you can't get into contact with your installing dealer? That's horrible customer service to say the least. You might want to go ahead a be looking for another Trane dealer that can fix under warranty any parts that may fail.

Better yet look at the contractors locater map on this site and see if anyone is near your area. Again I am sorry for the mixup on my part.
    I can use another Trane dealer for the initial 1 year warranty, but only parts would be covered. I would have to pay the labor. This dealer just lost their BBB rating due to unresolved issues. I can't imagine what would happen if I ever needed service. I am not even certain they configured the switches on the TAM7 correctly. I know they did not have the TAM7 set in the ComfortR (enhanced setting) which everyone else here in FL told me that is how they install them. One lesson I have learned and that is never to select a dealer without getting referrals. My mistake. The only reason I have not reported all of these issues to Trane or the BBB is in the event I ever place a warranty call they will screw me even more. Wish I could switch dealers. Thanks for the feedback!

Just curious, when you guys sell a system to a customer, do you quote the seer rating based upon the overall system or just the Heat Pump?

I never quote SEER just for the very reason you have this thread. There are so many combinations of equipment that will deliver a SEER rate range that it leads to questions of did I get what I paid for. I quote model families for both inside and out. ie the XB 14 & TAM7 you got or XL-15i & TAM7, then you know what you got without much trouble. If someone is looking for a SEER rating for a rebate or something I will make sure that the equipment meets that criteria, but it still gets quoted by model family.

Quote Originally Posted by tampabay11 View Post
    Just curious, when you guys sell a system to a customer, do you quote the seer rating based upon the overall system or just the Heat Pump?
    System. Since just using the outdoor units rating would be false quite often.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I always quote what the seer rating is with matched indoor.

In other words if the condenser, coil, furance or air handler equal 15 seer that's what I list on the estimate. I always use the Ahri rating for the equipment and use the Ahri number for the customer. So they can refernace back to it to ensure them they are getting what they are paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by duckman06 View Post
    I always quote what the seer rating is with matched indoor.

In other words if the condenser, coil, furance or air handler equal 15 seer that's what I list on the estimate. I always use the Ahri rating for the equipment and use the Ahri number for the customer. So they can refernace back to it to ensure them they are getting what they are paying for.
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12