Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Done with hvac...going to window units!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shophound View Post
    It IS expansion and contraction.
    What else could be the cause?
    The family of groundhogs.
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Is the home property supported? Check for consistently leveled floors. Sometimes if it is sagging it will put unusual pressures on the ducting.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    Is the home property supported? Check for consistently leveled floors. Sometimes if it is sagging it will put unusual pressures on the ducting.
    Do you mean the whole frame of the trailer might actually twist? no way!

I's defnitely possible for the cement bocks they use to level the trailers have settled.

It could be like my office trailer, the ductwork is so loose and crappy that it slides easily. Teh ductwork overhead allows lots of hot humid air in around the grills so on a humid day they are dripping on top of me (but at least not on my keyboard). Ductwork under the floors also make a excellent location for the mice to live, play and multiple. The cleaning crew removes the mouse turds at the back of my desk once a week... so it's fine. I love my trailer!

Post Likes
    You should have addressed this when you first noticed it. The company that sold and set up your unit would have made it right. As for now, find a company that does work on mobile homes and have them fix it. It's not rocket science, most are just to lazy to go underneath and take the time to find and fix the problem. We do it all the time. They can start at the nearest floor register to the noise, remove it and inspect the duct system with a bore scope (flexible stalk camera).
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heaterman View Post
    You should have addressed this when you first noticed it. The company that sold and set up your unit would have made it right. As for now, find a company that does work on mobile homes and have them fix it. It's not rocket science, most are just to lazy to go underneath and take the time to find and fix the problem. We do it all the time. They can start at the nearest floor register to the noise, remove it and inspect the duct system with a bore scope (flexible stalk camera).
    I doubt anyone I've talked to even has a bore scope. Seriously, when I say mobile home, they run. Can you find the problem by scoping the ducts? I wouldn't think that the expansion/contraction would be visable.

I will say that it continues to pop WELL after the unit turns off. I do however like the idea of running just the blower. I may spend some time underneath to see if I can find the problem. I'll have to do it myself. I can't find anyone in this area that can find it. It is also intermittent so it's hard to just wait for it.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-21-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Non Pro * member

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Eubanks View Post
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Patrick...thanks for your reply. It will pop mainly in the ducts, but here lately it will pop in the duct and then I will hear something in the unit pop.
    Last edited by beenthere; 06-21-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Quote of Non Pro * member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in