Carrier 16JB054 absorber question

I found a bad essex relay on my 1992 absorber which no one local could even recognize. This relay was a removable clear plastic plug in relay and all the wiring is connected through the back. I was wondering if anyone new if this relay is available through carrier or should I change out with a more universal ice cube relay like square D ?????

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Hoopstir

Jb Abs

Carrier Syracuse will have it. I love the JB!!!

Great thanks.

I had this thing tore down totally and practically rebuilt it. Once I started it I found the LLC was staying open and I noticed the solenoid was not shutting. When the HR2 relay was supposed to be shutting off the coil it was still supplying the coil 26 volts and holding it open. I believe that it is the relay since there is nothing else between the relay and the coil so I am gonna swap the relays tomorrow to verify but could not find anything locally. I appreciate the response.

I love absorbers but only have 4 in our company to work on. So I am not the best at them.

Jb

Was it in Dillution? What wasn't happening?

at first

I beieve at first it was but after a while my purgerd stopped working from lack of liquid (soution) pumping but that was because when i started the machine my reed had the coil open but once the process started and the coil was to drop out it never did which pumped my solution into my refrigerant pump and after about an hour and a half it put all my liquid in my evap. (at least thats what I believe) I have found that when my purge don t work its usually because its cavitating and is low on amps. Once I disconnected the coil and let it cook a while the pump amps cam up and the solution worked its way back to the absorber and off it went.

I hope u understand my explanation
    Last edited by Hoopstir; 03-22-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Sounds Like you were solitified a bit. low Pressure or High Steam?

Sounds as if you may have crossed the "overtime line" on this one.
    Check the vac. and temps and let us know what was happening when.

your right

Quote Originally Posted by Carrene #2 View Post
    Sounds as if you may have crossed the "overtime line" on this one.
    Check the vac. and temps and let us know what was happening when.
    I had this machine open for 3 weeks and purged nitro through it but it was open. I don get much help from my local area with absorbers since they are not common. especiallly through my shop so I a m on my own. I ran a large vac pump on it for 12 -15 hours and had much luck with the purge on the machine and have only ran 2 psi steam the whole time not to over work it while i removed the air but the relays in which i originally talked about worry me and this will need to get going soon. I figured sinceits the hr2 relay which does not function much more than the llc i could diconnect the coil on the llc and let the machined run until i can get the parts assuming u all are right and i can get them through syracuse. which might i add can be a pain in the ass at times. (sorry for the faux paux)

any help again

A true wannna be absorber tech

Hoopster