Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Tridium Jace and Delta Controls

I am new to the world of Tridium and Delta Controls. Recently we installed a Tridium Jace with Niagara frame work and placed a few Vav Delta controllers behind it. The Jace is using and Active Directory server to manage users accounts logging in. Using the Delta Front End software I am able to connect to the Jace and maintain a connection but I am unable to see any of the devices behind the Jace Panel. Has anyone had any experience with this type of setup, I have followed the setup for BacNet on a Jace panel but it does not seem to be working.

thank you

Check out this site for some related tips:
    http://hutchey.com/ax
    username: honeywell
    password: webs
    Attached Images Attached Images  

is the Jace R2 or AX?

Maybe a dumb question - are you just using the browser in the Delta PC, which should work? Or were you trying to use the Delta software to access the JACE which it probably can't?

AX or R2

Quote Originally Posted by justjohnson View Post
    is the Jace R2 or AX?
    this particular station is an AX.

this is and AX box.

Well Im not much of a delta guy, but from what I can see our delta guru is trying to use the Delta Software which is (Orca View) If im correct, To connect to the Jace and manage devices on the MSTP side of the Jace. He is able to connect to the Jace on the Ethernet side and we see the Jace appear on the Delta Tree in Orca View.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tlp261 View Post
    Maybe a dumb question - are you just using the browser in the Delta PC, which should work? Or were you trying to use the Delta software to access the JACE which it probably can't?
    Well Im not much of a delta guy, but from what I can see our delta guru is trying to use the Delta Software which is (Orca View) If im correct, To connect to the Jace and manage devices on the MSTP side of the Jace. He is able to connect to the Jace on the Ethernet side and we see the Jace appear on the Delta Tree in Orca View.

From my limited knowledge of standard Tridium software/hardware it is a one way street, you can't use other BACnet software to use it as a router from BACnet/MSTP to BACnet/IP or BACnet/Ethernet as you can't view or control any objects in the JACE other then with it's software. It is not even BTL listed.

If you installed a DSM-RTR or DSC-xxxxE you could use both the JACE and ORCAview to manage the controllers on the MSTP network via BACnet/IP or BACnet/Ethernet.

Do any of you LON guys know if this is also the case if you had a bunch of LON controllers on the JACE's FTT-10 buss? From what I gather the JACE is a closed solution. Using their software or the intraonlineweb and their embedded webserver you can use it as a GUI, but if you want to use another vendors front end you get nada. With BACnet you can see the JACE device but no controllers that reside under it.

If I am wrong please enlighten me on the capabilities of the JTridium JACE hardware as router for either LON or BACnet.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

My above statement seems to be incorrect. I recently spoke with an Alerton rep that said they could see the BACnet/MSTP devices below their JACEs and even "push" code through the JACE. He mentioned that BACnet/IP had to be enabled in the JACE. I have not verified this, but would see no reason for him to lie to me.

I reconfirmed with a Delta programmer at my old company that with ORCAview (BOWS) he could not see any objects in the JACE. We never used the JACE MSTP buss so I don't know if you could see controllers and "push" code through it, but if we couldn't see any objects in the JACE I assume we couldn't see any objects below it.

My roommate works for Siemens (what I tangled web I weave for myself) says they can use JACEs as BACnet routers aswell.

So I guess I'm misinformed about the BACnet routing capabilities of the Tridium product. Any update on the LON routing abilities of it?

kontrol out
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

You have to enable routing in the Jace and also check the "Maintain Routing" box under that as well.
    Then you can see all the ms/tp networks under the jace.

Wow, blast form the past.

Lets do the time warp again!

Those are some of my first post on this forum.

kontrol out

I guess I'm a little late getting to the party

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast