Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    most startup sheets include sections for fan/blower set screws etc.....does it happen with residential? usually not. but if you work commercial and that happens, there is no question....you didn't do your job on start up.

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    most startup sheets include sections for fan/blower set screws etc.....does it happen with residential? usually not. but if you work commercial and that happens, there is no question....you didn't do your job on start up.
    Commercial or Residential doesnt matter, the fact is the manufacture is not Q.Cing like they should. IMO

That's the new low ambient kit.

I have caught alot of flack from coworkers on this but i inspect everything before start up. set screws all tight,all electrical tight,compressor and everything and look for anything i can do to make sure system will not have one of these kind of breakdowns. I got in the habit when i was doing pre factory start up for mcquay. They would give you about a million things to check and have power applied with crankcase heaters running before they would come out and hit the on button.

don't you check all your set screws on startup?

1 year old trane rtu.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 4

Lucky it didnt slice the coil like a spiral ham. Had two Trane Gaf2 Air handlers in a row with loose blower wheel nut on shaft which was found before install because one of the clips that hold the blower housing/cage together fell off, they must have took care of the problem as several since then were all tight from factory. Had a few Heil Carrier blower wheels work way down shaft and ate into the cage/houseing! the blower fins were grinded into razor teeth, had to break wheel apart to get it out. Had to sound unworldly but Home owner didnt notice any previous noise. Worst case was a few goodman condenser units. One was about 2 years old and entire top panel of unit cracked causing fan to go in at an angle and F5'd the copper tubing btw compressor, accumulator, reversing valve and various wiring before finding way into coil. FEMA could have called it a disaster area. We didnt install it, and didnt want to get involved. The other one in same subdivision btw but older, dropped the fan blade but didnt compromise system. Its top louvered panel was also cracked in a few places, which some one used zip ties to try to reinforce it.

I have had the same problem with lennox several times . But they cant afford to have techs build them so there going have problems.lol

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    I have caught alot of flack from coworkers on this but i inspect everything before start up. set screws all tight,all electrical tight,compressor and everything and look for anything i can do to make sure system will not have one of these kind of breakdowns. I got in the habit when i was doing pre factory start up for mcquay. They would give you about a million things to check and have power applied with crankcase heaters running before they would come out and hit the on button.
    Your co-workers give you crap for being thorough? Come work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miller257 View Post
    Your co-workers give you crap for being thorough? Come work for me!
    Mine do ALL the time. Just because they're slack doesn't mean I'm gonna be. I don't generally make sure set screws are tight on a new install though, I think I'm gonna start to though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12