Wood Stove Glass Replacement

I managed to break the glass on my twenty year old "El Fuego Corporation" wood stove. This outfit is out of business.

It's ceramic glass, rectangular except for an arched top. Can I get replacement glass cut, and if so by whom? I don't know if it's a difficult job.

I suppose an alternative would be to cut some sheet metal to fit for the remainder of the heating season. The glass has a fiber gasket seal that is still in good condition.

This is a non-EPA rated stove.

Seattle Pioneer

The hearthman will know where to get it replaced

Look up a glass company and ask if the care ceramic glass or if they can point you in the right direction and it can be cut to size with a good glass cutter ( Oiled ). We buy from local glass company ( AFG ), sometimes for R+D and cut ourselves or get company to cut for us.

Smile

Non-OEM glass can be cut custom by:
    Woodman's Parts Plus
    800-522-8216

they only sell to the trade so you'll have to send them proof you are a contractor. Sorry, no homeowners.

They can make ceramic (Robax), tempered glass or even old time mica. Tons of gas parts, fittings, etc.

HTH.

Thanks for the ideas.

I called a local glass shop and they are willing to make this repair for me for probably $200-250 or so.

Caused by just plain stupidity, I'm afraid.

Seattle Pioneer

My local glass shop completed the glass replacement in less than 24 hours for $170, and did a nice job. Ceramic glass.

So I'm back off gas and back on wood this evening. The gas utility I used to work for aint making diddly off of me.

Seattle Pioneer

Was the company Natural or Propane?

Natural gas.

Seattle Pioneer

Where did you get this at?

Quote Originally Posted by SeattlePioneer View Post
    My local glass shop completed the glass replacement in less than 24 hours for $170, and did a nice job. Ceramic glass.

Seattle Pioneer
    I need a piece glass. Where did you get this at? I'm also in the Seattle area.