Rtaa Clear Lang. Display

Whats up guys ! I have an rtaa trane chiller that is giving me trouble.The display on the front works but when you press the buttons nothing happens ? I reset the 24v too the key pad but no luck ( it is not locked out ) It just doesnt do anything? Any suggestions?

Change the display

Don't scrap it yet. Buy some De-Ox-It from an electronic supply house. Remove the ribbon cable from the interface and the chiller module and spray the board and cable connections. Most times this will fix the problem. If not then look at the module.

Where the Women are fast and the horses are pretty...Tennessee
    Humin Interface (HI) cables can cause this problem as duke of earl says, sometimes you can get results by gently moving the cable while pressing keys. You need to remove the metal cover first (ase & metric nuts...10mm I think). You may have to replace the mod. Good luck

Thanks for the info I will try it today.

O.k. I'm gonna give you guys some good stuff so listen up! Remove the cover on the back of the display, you should see a ribbon cable that is blue(?) on one side and white on the other. This cable connects the board to the keypad and is acutally to cables touching each other. Gently separate this cable with a small piece of paper and leave the paper in-between the cables. Put everything back together and you should be good to go.

-JB

Just an update , I ended up replacing the clear langauge display every thing seems to be working fine !