Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It works fantastic for holding the flange gaskets in place in circulator pumps if you have that cast iron radiator system that will take a week to drain and fill,,, slap some in the grooves, put in the gasket,,, depressurize and swap the pump on the fly... Caution it could get messy if you hear the sucking sound followed shortly by Niagara Falls

I agree, it is good for gaskets, except the HCFC kind. That's more work than its worth. I think that oil works just as good, if not better on refrigeration gaskets. I think we got a little off topic here...

Nylog is the only way to go. Fought a leaky head temp sensor on a 06e compressor, previous techs used blue goo and just made a mess and still leaking. I Pulled sensor cleaned male and female threads, added Nylog, torqued to Carlyle specs and leaky gone. I use Nylog on everything from service caps, king valve caps, flare fittings, compressor gaskets, etc. My personal leak rate dropped to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    Nylog is the only way to go. Fought a leaky head temp sensor on a 06e compressor, previous techs used blue goo and just made a mess and still leaking. I Pulled sensor cleaned male and female threads, added Nylog, torqued to Carlyle specs and leaky gone. I use Nylog on everything from service caps, king valve caps, flare fittings, compressor gaskets, etc. My personal leak rate dropped to nothing.
    I like loctite 567 on those head temp sensors... I would be scared nylog would break down with the high heat.. But I like nylog for most other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    I like loctite 567 on those head temp sensors... I would be scared nylog would break down with the high heat.. But I like nylog for most other stuff.
    I still use the 567 as you do.

So wait, I've always been told to 1: Make sure the core is good. 2: Put a friggin wrench on the cap (with an o ring) and 3: To never ever ever use any form of loctite or blue goo..... So are there actual acceptable applications for loctite in refer?

Have that on a carrier package unit I'm doing a PM and clean on. I was looking at the shrader valve cover and wondering, "I bet that is a leaker and somebody took a short-cut". Tried to remove it within my comfort zone, but no dice. Gonna scrape and clean, but need to buy a core tool since the cap was torqued and I'm sure shrader is ruined.

So you just pinch the end and install piercing valve, like supco bullet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12