You only get a volume discount at 10

Just walking by and noticed this at lunch while headed to pick up my car at the tire dealer. Nothing really bad about the installation nessesarily. 9 split systems. No, its' not a condo conversion, just a church with apprently 9 zones of cooling.

Seriously, at what point do you just throw a 20-30 ton chiller in there and do like a proper commerical multizone building where rooftop units aren't practical?

Lots of churches get work done by congregants; I know my grandfather was the electrician for his parrish. Probably not many chiller techs donating time and material.
    I would also think a chiller system and water source equipment would be a pretty sizable investment, while the 9 separate systems could have been bought and repaired over time by less skilled/specialized people.
    Just a couple of guesses, but yeah, you're right.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    And The Lord giveth unto the crackhead copper thieves...

With a building that size I would imagine more equipment in mechanical rooms those just feed the rooms that are used during the regular day schedules. Just a guess though.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Don"t see too many brick structures like that here in Cali, due to all the earth quakes. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Boy View Post
    The drug of choice is meth around here. Surprisingly , I haven't heard of any condenser thefts. A guy got killed taking bus bats of of a live breaker a few years ago and being a smaller community, I think they got the hint. Plus cost of living is low, so tog can live well off the government handouts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The architecture here is amazing. It was a booming town up to about the 60s then new investment dotted up as the economy shifted to service sectors and larger factories over medium sized operations. If last of comparative advantage somehow.

They are tearing down an church larger and much taller and more impressive than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    The architecture here is amazing. It was a booming town up to about the 60s then new investment dotted up as the economy shifted to service sectors and larger factories over medium sized operations. If last of comparative advantage somehow.

They are tearing down an church larger and much taller and more impressive than this one.

Amazing how short the life cycle of structures in the USA. We use a building for 20 or 30 years, sometimes longer, then tear it down and put up something newer and often uglier. I have friends in Europe that live in "new" homes that are 200 years old! A church is part of the landscape of a town for 500 years or more.

We like old buildings in New Orleans there are historical buildings all over town.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

where i come from, the permitting and such for a 30-ton chiller installation is much more expensive than nine residential split systems.
    plus the chiller would spend most of its time running unloaded. etc. etc.
    compressors never die; they're always murdered!

Only the first three bays up front are air conditioned by the way it looks. When the congregation grows the next bay will get three units and so on. Until then, if you sit in the back, you are not worthy of air conditioning.
    Better Service Through Knowledge...
    RSES, The HVACR Training Authority. www.rses.org

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Boy View Post
    Agree 100%!
    Psalm 51:10, 12