Manitowoc Q-series harvest problems

Hi guys! I had a 'no-ice' call yesterday on Mani Q-series, remote air-cooled, obvious reason was a old and rusty dump valve, so replaced it and machine started to work again, made ice but didn't drop, machine shut itself down after 3.5min max harvest. So I checked evap - nice and clean, has coating, no separation, then decided to put my no-hose gauges on - good pressures while in freeze mode(50/260, all corresponds to water and air temps in manual charts). But after ice probe calls for harvest, I hear a click, pressures start to somewhat equalize, but then immediately they go to 50/260, and low side slowly goes down. So looks like harvest solenoid opened but closed right away? i have very limited experience with ice machines, so could you please give me a hint? Board? Harvest solenoid valve? Thanks!

hmmmmmm ice probe starts harvest, evap. door opens and shuts hot gas off...
    Let's give nukes a chance.

check to see if the machine is dropping voltage to the solenoid during harvest or if its a mechanical issue with the valve itself. The curtain has to be open more than a split second to take it out of harvest

check your hpr valve and soleniod a common problem on q series remotes
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    Ya

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    hmmmmmm ice probe starts harvest, evap. door opens and shuts hot gas off...
    Exactly, the only problem is evap door never opens(ice doesn't slide to open the curtain), so it is not a curtain or dirty ice probe but smth else.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    Ok, will check them out. Just a continuity/resistance? Do you know how many Ohms they gotta be? or there is another way to check them? Also could you tell me a bit more about HPR valve, what it is and how it works?

It's your bin switch! Change it, some times they will cause it to go back to freeze cycle with out curtin opening.

Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxtec View Post
    It's your bin switch! Change it, some times they will cause it to go back to freeze cycle with out curtin opening.
    You mean magnet curtain switch?

If the machine is going from harvest to freeze without any water curtain movement or before the 3.5 minute max freeze limit, then I would suspect the bin switch.

If the machine is actually remaining in harvest with the HG solenoid energized and the suction doesn't build up to 80-100 psig, then I'd say it's the HG solenoid and/or the HPR valve. Always replace both, not just one or the other. If the machine is a 1300 or larger, it'll have dual HG/HPR valves. Replace them all.

The Harvest Pressure Regulator (HPR) is a close-on-rise-of-outlet pressure regulating valve. During harvest, the HPR takes vapor off the top of the receiver and adds it to the low side to bring the suction pressure up, creating heat for the harvest cycle. The HPR has no other function.

As was mentioned, HG/HPR failures were common on the Q-Series remotes. I don't recall any machine that didn't get them replaced eventually.

Like Ice said don't jump on bin switch. It will go straight back to freeze after 3.5 min if curtain doesn't open. It will do this 3 times in a row before locking out on long harvest safety. Get you Q pocket manual out and do the flow chart. Never fails. It will get you there.

If you really want to rule out the bin switch....get out the wiring diagram...disconnect both leads from the bin switch at their respective terminals. Then jumper aforementioned terminals. If the unit stays in harvest....bad bin switch. If the unit has the same problem as described before, then check out some of the other suggestions mentioned.