+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IPAD? ANDROID? TABLET? (To use in van for work)

Post Likes

IPAD? ANDROID? TABLET? (To use in van for work)

I want to get a tablet for the van, To view tech docs, and maybe use to bill out with (i currently have an iphone, and can bill charge cards through it, via paypal) My question is a ipad, android tablet the way to go?. And do you guys like a certain one? I would rather hear from you guys that have used them and know what works or what does not, before buying something. Thanks Gary (i have a few laptops, but that seems like it would be to cumbersome, though i have not tried to take them along yet)

Post Likes
    I have an iPad and like it. It's handy and it's hard to be without it because of all of the library I have put on it. The worst part is it's really hard to see in direct sunlight.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    I have an iPad and like it. It's handy and it's hard to be without it because of all of the library I have put on it. The worst part is it's really hard to see in direct sunlight.
    Is that the full size? or the mini? and what release? 1-2 etc...

Post Likes
    I love my iPad mini. Use it all the time for looking up documents, apps, here....... Love it

Post Likes
    I have an iPad 1. I think they make a screen protector that will help with glare, but I didn't know that at the time and bought a different one instead. For familiarity, the iPad and iPhone are exactly the same, and a lot of apps can be used on both.

Post Likes
    Great as i like my iphone, way over the androids i have had before. I will go with an ipad, thanks for all of your input.

Post Likes
    I agree with the iPad. My laptop is broke and I have been in no hurry to fix it. The iPad is now with me all of the time. It does PDF files for manuals or tech documents with ease and is much smaller. I didn't go all out on my first iPad, it is an iPad 1 from eBay, cost: $300. I will buy the latest and greatest now, seeing as I am όber impressed with my cheapo. Btw, it is 3G capable.

Post Likes
    My company uses Ipad's. we are given them 3 months before they are to go into service to get the hang of them. we are using toughbooks (laptops) right now and I hate them. I can't wait to go to the ipads for billing.
    Ipad is the way to go 100%

Post Likes
    I use my personal iPad to keep a library of equipment here on campus. Just want to suggest looking into the Square Card reader program. My wife is a self employed graphic designer and uses it mostly for payments over the phone. Their site says that there is a 2.75% charge per swipe. My wife pays 3.5 since she gets the info over the phone and has to key it into their website. There is a limit on how much you can swipe per day but I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest credit card service around. Here is a link to their site:
    https://squareup.com/
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Post Likes
    My work just started using the Samsung "galaxy note II". We are going paperless in the next few weeks so I've only had it about 2 weeks. It's actually a HUGE phone, I've been an iPhone and iPad user for 4 years and don't think I'll be ditching my personal iPhone. The note does fit in my pocket, the camera works much better than my iphone4, and the navigation is comparable to stand alone GPS units. First impression is I like it, but it still feels a bit goofy to hold the thing upto my ear, and the screen is just as hard to read as an iPhone or iPad in sunlight.

Post Likes
    I use a card reader from paypal now to accept credit cards on my iphone 4s, which will work with an ipad as well. All my tickets are hand written, how do you guys print work tickets with the ipad? And should i get the newest ipad? or will the 1st generation work just as good for what im wanting to use it for (work)?

Post Likes
    I have an ipad mini, with a credit card reader. All our paperwork is digital now, huge timesaver.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe RBVBD View Post
    I have an ipad mini, with a credit card reader. All our paperwork is digital now, huge timesaver.
    When you say its all digital, do you email the paper work to the customer? or how does that work?

Post Likes
    Okay, I should probably re-phrase. We mail any paper documents if the customer requests it (most just want an e-mailed PDF).

By all digital I meant we keep all our information in an digital PDF format. The service tag is now on my iPad, I fill it out, the customer signs it, they pay it, I upload it to our company's servers. If someone in the company needs the information, they access the servers. If a hard copy is needed, it gets printed out. But we don't keep any paper documents filed away in storage, it's all on the cloud server.

Post Likes
    Just bought a Lenovo S230U Thinkpad Twist. Still getting the groove of it but so far I love it.
    Going to use it for any/all document storage and load calculations.
    Also going to eventually build a presentation for customers thus the Twistpad.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    Just bought a Lenovo S230U Thinkpad Twist. Still getting the groove of it but so far I love it.
    Going to use it for any/all document storage and load calculations.
    Also going to eventually build a presentation for customers thus the Twistpad.
    Let me know how you like it as i am going to make a decision in 1-2 weeks and then order whatever i feel will help me the most, From everyone's personal experiences. thanks for everyone's input on this. Gary

ChillyChili Guest
    I myself recently bought an ASUS Google Nexus 7 tablet to use for business. I was going to go with an Ipad (or mini) as I do love Apple and my Iphone, but after doing some research on different tablets the Google Nexus was significantly cheaper. The Ipad mini was around $320 I believe while the Nexus was only $200 for an 8GB. I think it is only $50 extra for the 16GB if you really want the space, but you can always just use a document sharing app to keep stuff stored in the cloud. The Nexus also had a better processor than the Ipad mini and it had glowing reviews.

All in all, I am very happy with the purchase (going on approximately 2 months). I use Dropbox for storing my documents and Rectangle Ware-Ever Pay for taking credit cards.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillyChili View Post
    I myself recently bought an ASUS Google Nexus 7 tablet to use for business. I was going to go with an Ipad (or mini) as I do love Apple and my Iphone, but after doing some research on different tablets the Google Nexus was significantly cheaper. The Ipad mini was around $320 I believe while the Nexus was only $200 for an 8GB. I think it is only $50 extra for the 16GB if you really want the space, but you can always just use a document sharing app to keep stuff stored in the cloud. The Nexus also had a better processor than the Ipad mini and it had glowing reviews.

All in all, I am very happy with the purchase (going on approximately 2 months). I use Dropbox for storing my documents and Rectangle Ware-Ever Pay for taking credit cards.
    Yeah after reading your post i looked it up and ordered a ASUS Google Nexus 7 tablet 32gb. A case with Bluetooth keyboard, i will see how it works, and how i like it, and it works with my paypal card reader. Plus i can still use my iphone as a hotspot for it. Payed $260 radioshack, and the keyboard and case new off ebay $33.00

ChillyChili Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    Yeah after reading your post i looked it up and ordered a ASUS Google Nexus 7 tablet 32gb. A case with Bluetooth keyboard, i will see how it works, and how i like it, and it works with my paypal card reader. Plus i can still use my iphone as a hotspot for it. Payed $260 radioshack, and the keyboard and case new off ebay $33.00
    Nice! Please let me know how it goes. As for your PayPal reader how are you liking it? I have heard mixed reviews.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillyChili View Post
    Nice! Please let me know how it goes. As for your PayPal reader how are you liking it? I have heard mixed reviews.
    Te paypal reader works good, can accept all credit cards, and the money go's instantly in to your paypal business acct seconds after the swipe, which then you can transfer to your main buisness acct or use the paypal debit card. (it works with all apple products, and the newer android's)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in