Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    The Testo sticks are great, but they are slow to register. Stick 'em and forget 'em. Come back in ten minutes.Not sure who has a better solution. I have hope for the Fieldpiece in duct psychrometer, but Fieldpiece just always seems to miss the mark with me. I have a pile of their junk in my garage that I would love to unload at an HVAC community college garage sale. There always seems to be a catch with fieldpiece. Its cheaper and that seems fine, and then 6 months later, you realize that...oh, here's why its cheaper. Now I need to buy the better one. It seems like this may be changing...I hope so!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by penderway View Post
    hvacrmedic, you once explained

what the +1 digit meant in pressure accuracy. Could you explain again or help me find the older thread.
    Do you mean 1 percent?
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by denis258 View Post
    The Testo sticks are great, but they are slow to register. Stick 'em and forget 'em. Come back in ten minutes.Not sure who has a better solution. I have hope for the Fieldpiece in duct psychrometer, but Fieldpiece just always seems to miss the mark with me. I have a pile of their junk in my garage that I would love to unload at an HVAC community college garage sale. There always seems to be a catch with fieldpiece. Its cheaper and that seems fine, and then 6 months later, you realize that...oh, here's why its cheaper. Now I need to buy the better one. It seems like this may be changing...I hope so!
    You are very vague on the problems you claim you have on FP>
    Could you be a little more specific?

I own (like all of us do ) a truck load of instruments and digital gauges, Just by the sheer volume of tools there is going to be a higher failure incidence then just owning a few.

Post Likes
    I too have the Testo 605 with the batteries falling out. Yes it does take a while to read, but I've found it to be quite accurate. My buddy uses the Fieldpiece pocket psychrometer. We tested them side by side and they were reading the same, to 1* off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWhiteice View Post
    Fluke 971 works good for me
    I extremely agree with you. As my opinion Fluke 971 works fine.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jason12000 View Post
    I too have the Testo 605 with the batteries falling out. Yes it does take a while to read, but I've found it to be quite accurate. My buddy uses the Fieldpiece pocket psychrometer. We tested them side by side and they were reading the same, to 1* off.

Call fieldpiece customer service. They will send you a balck band to put around the battery cover to end that problem.
    Doug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12