Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371076683.380027.jpg
Views: 1989
Size:  49.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Early 70s most likely. Still running?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Cooling like a champ. An addition has been done and because the equipment is so old we are doing a load calc and upsizing to what is needed to add a few drops. How many tons is that thing?

Post Likes
    looks like 2 1/2 ton to me

Post Likes
    wow..

Post Likes
    I have a guide but can't read the model # from the picture. The last digits mean everything
    Is there a serial #
    Last edited by Kevin Weaver; 06-13-2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added text
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

Post Likes
    From my guide if the model # reads: CFC030A3, it can be from 1967 to 1970. I can't decipher the last digits so maybe the year indicator is there.
    Last edited by atlasacservices; 06-13-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: grammar

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmvbrfd View Post
    How many tons is that thing?
    Don't mean to be rude or offend, but how did you become a professional member and can't tell tonnage from a model number? 9 times out of 10 the model number tell you the tonnage of the unit.
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artietech View Post
    Don't mean to be rude or offend, but how did you become a professional member and can't tell tonnage from a model number? 9 times out of 10 the model number tell you the tonnage of the unit.
    My guess was a 30 (2 1/2) ton. I've only been doing it a year and most of my work has been installs. Very little service. That is changing this year. I am beginning to get into the service part of the business. Most people I see run around knowing "everything" I don't want to be that person. Hardheaded and scared to ask question because that might just hurt my ego. There are plenty of techs out there like that. The field doesn't need me to be like that. So instead of going off my assumptions and presenting them as facts like most of the people I know I try to know my place. I didn't "know" what ton/year that was. Give me a newer model/serial of just about anything main stream and ill tell you year, month, factory, ton...... Whatever that model/serial has available. Just tying to not be another know it all.

Bryan Villavaso Jr

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmvbrfd View Post
    My guess was a 30 (2 1/2) ton. I've only been doing it a year and most of my work has been installs. Very little service. That is changing this year. I am beginning to get into the service part of the business. Most people I see run around knowing "everything" I don't want to be that person. Hardheaded and scared to ask question because that might just hurt my ego. There are plenty of techs out there like that. The field doesn't need me to be like that. So instead of going off my assumptions and presenting them as facts like most of the people I know I try to know my place. I didn't "know" what ton/year that was. Give me a newer model/serial of just about anything main stream and ill tell you year, month, factory, ton...... Whatever that model/serial has available. Just tying to not be another know it all.

Bryan Villavaso Jr
    Good answer, you have the attitude welcome aboard!

Post Likes
    good answer Bryan not all of us get to work on one specific area. I work on everything from waffle iron to 500 ton absorbtion chillers. Can't be an expert on all.

Post Likes
    Always safer to ask than assume and be wrong.

How many of you guys, especially younger, know what since this old Carrier is: 38CU004300 ? And look at how many are confused with a Lennox HS9-411?

Post Likes
    Glad to be here. I've learned a lot on this site.

Post Likes

Hey- who knows, the 30 could mean 30 tons. Units were much smaller for their size back then.

I remember repeating those mod numbers to this day - CFCO,CFCO,CFCO......

The little 1/4" liquid lines and 300-370 head psi.

Then Fedders went with the rotary compressor and screwed themselves. They blamed the comp failures on the contractors.
    They even claimed once not to use a suction drier as it would trap oil and destroy the comp. I always installed the suction drier vertically instead of not at all. The charge was critical on those.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I think that 98% of the Infamous Fedders Failures really Was because of the installers and other contractors. Proper piping practices were critical and cleanliness and and charge volume was very important. I set up many dozens of Fedders split systems / units and they ran consistently well. Unfortunately much of my peer group was apparently not working up to my level. Far too often the single pointing finger was the one to be ignored while the other three (pointing back toward themselves) were the important ones. <g> I had a 1977 system running until two or three years ago - and it was still running when replaced. I had installed it for my first ex-wife's parents and could see it from the road behind their house - so when I noticed one day that that it had disappeared I knocked on the door to ask why. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    (Fedders) . . . The little 1/4" liquid lines and 300-370 head psi. Then Fedders went with the rotary compressor and screwed themselves. They blamed the comp failures on the contractors . . . .
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I had installed it for my first ex-wife's parents and could see it from the road behind their house - so when I noticed one day that that it had disappeared I knocked on the door to ask why. <g>

PHM
    -------
    So, i guess the in laws didn't run you off? Must be a great place to live!

Post Likes
    Have plenty of 1970s trane unit. old model number is in BTUs or tons. never sure, specially 0300 model. (36,000 btu) Lennox still a puzzler too.

Had to replace a fan bracket nut on a noisy 1963 Payne last week. Rental property, full of old kids toys and never maintained. Couldn't even sell a wire nut.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    In-laws loved me until the day they died. That David Alan Coe song could have been written about their daughter. I'm am almost positive that her father never said another word to her directly afterwards.

PHM
    ------

So, i guess the in laws didn't run you off? Must be a great place to live!
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in