Kolpac/McCall freezer M#SXI-2F HELP!!!

Gentleman,

I'm working or trying to work on a 2 door Kolpac freezer originally made my McCall which isn't in biz anymore. It's a M#SXI-2F. I've called manitowoc/Kolpac then refers to Delfield whatever and whoever, no help or info. No parts available anymore or help. I finally got a manual. So anyways it's got a main circuit board that controls everything, and evap fans running, but no power to the compressor, not doing anything. I've to 2 red lights lit on board r100 & r108. Book tells me how to get in back door which I did all seems set right. When I first turn on PO pops up it means unit was off power outage or turned off, then just tells me temp of box 80 degrees. In the book tells Kolpac cabinet controller error code list, but doesn't tell me how to find the codes on the display, I can assume they would pop up when first turned on???

PRD- product sensor failure
    CTP- cabinet sensor failure
    DFT- defrost sensor failure
    DOOR- door open alarm
    COIL- unit condenser coil alarm
    TEMPERATURE DISPLAY FLASHES- Product is out of range
    PO- power outage

It does have info on a kolpak communicator download, which. Can use a computer to plug in to case, needs a open RS-232 serial port or USB port. Can I get a download and use a computer?

Like I said doesn't tell me how to access error codes, if there is any assuming they would pop p when first turn on like PO pops up. Can anyone help me with this case? Bad board? Troubleshooting tips?

Appreciate the help guys

I haven't seen one of those in a while, but I am pretty sure the errors will stay on the readout if they are active errors. The PO error should drop off on its own after power is restored for a few minutes. You could remove the control board and investigate where the compressor and/or compressor relay gets its power and troubleshoot from there. You could have a bad board relay, or relay that has come unsoldered.

A while back I just replaced everything on one of those with an off-the-shelf Eliwell controller and it worked like a charm. I think the Eliwell was pretty cheap too.

I would contact the maker of the control.I think Delfield mostly used Ranco.

Thanks Micah & Glen. Great idea to just use a Eliwell controller. I usually just replace those on systems but great idea to use for this case. Thanks guys