Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 47

Thread: Rotobrush

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3

    Hmm Rotobrush

    Has Anyone Use This Equipment "rotobrush" Before, Is It Worth It To Buy? If So, Please Don't Hesitade To Share .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3

    Confused Duct Cleaning

    [QUOTE=wedad;1412015]Has Anyone Use This Equipment "rotobrush" Before, Is It Worth It to buy?
    help plase

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Emerald Coast
    Posts
    933

    Short answer....NO

    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.
    ...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1
    we purchased one about 3 yrs ago it is a good machine and does a good job if u take the time to learn proper operation and get enough time to do a good job. Customer feedback has been great also consider buying the rotovision camera that sells the cleaning.

  5. #5
    I own one and like it, it does a good job if you use it the right way. just dont let them sell you 2 cameras, you only need one (the red one).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    281
    Hey can you guys write a review on hvacproductratings.com for Roto Brush products? We had some requests from contractors for reviews on it and it would really help us out. Thanks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    If you want to get into the duct cleaning business to clean ducts that actually need cleaning, you need more than a glorified shop vac with a spinning brush.

    If you want to get into it just to make some money and don't really care that the vast majority of residential duct cleaning provides no measurable benefit to system performance or IAQ whatsoever, and want something quick and easy to use, a Rotobrush machine is just the ticket.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Gah, this thread is over 2 years old...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    If you want to get into the duct cleaning business to clean ducts that actually need cleaning, you need more than a glorified shop vac with a spinning brush.

    If you want to get into it just to make some money and don't really care that the vast majority of residential duct cleaning provides no measurable benefit to system performance or IAQ whatsoever, and want something quick and easy to use, a Rotobrush machine is just the ticket.
    In that sir, you are wrong. The rotobrush will clean every bit of ductwork that you want it to clean if you can use it correctly. Even if debris is left behind after the first pass, make a second pass: debris gone. I've had people with odors in their home, cleaned their ducts, odors gone. People who found themselves frequently dusting had the ducts cleaned by me; they are now noticing a difference in the amount of dusting they have to do. The rotobrush wouldnt exist if it didnt work.

    and my bad about resurrecting the thread

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Central MN and the Twin Cities
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by rotodust View Post
    In that sir, you are wrong. The rotobrush will clean every bit of ductwork that you want it to clean if you can use it correctly. Even if debris is left behind after the first pass, make a second pass: debris gone. I've had people with odors in their home, cleaned their ducts, odors gone. People who found themselves frequently dusting had the ducts cleaned by me; they are now noticing a difference in the amount of dusting they have to do. The rotobrush wouldnt exist if it didnt work.

    and my bad about resurrecting the thread

    I am sorry but no Sir YOU ARE WRONG! The Rotobrush is the biggest joke in the buisness. Financially successfull in marketing and sales, but a technical joke. It was made for carpet cleaners in the south over 10 years ago to begin with. It will absolutely not clean all kinds of ductwork. In this part of the country it will not even clean 1/2 of the ductwork in the average house. It will not create enough suction to even contain the dust it stirs up in our systems. The machine does not even meet the specs of Nadca and thats where they spend alot of money advertising. It is a rip off!! For $10,000 you can purchase far better negative air containment systems and brush kits that actually will move the required amount of air safely to do the job right. Do not even get me started on how inadequate it is for any commercial work. If your duct cleaning knowledge is so limited that you believe what you are saying then I strongly suggest you get some real training.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

    The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    lmao

    dirty ducts need to be replaced

    especially flex ducts
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by rotodust View Post
    People who found themselves frequently dusting had the ducts cleaned by me; they are now noticing a difference in the amount of dusting they have to do.
    That's pretty funny right there. Even cleaning actual dirty ducts won't reduce the amount of dust settling out in a home, lol.
    Dust that collects on the walls of the ducts doesn't later come out on its own. If it did, it wouldn't have collected in the duct to begin with.


    How about a friendly challenge.
    Show me one single documented study that shows that residential duct cleaning alone improves system performance, reduces particle counts in the air, improves IAQ, or reduces dust accumulation in a home.

    There are cases where duct cleaning actually does something useful, but in the vast majority of cases, it only serves to part a homeowner from their money, with no tangible benefit in return.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Central MN and the Twin Cities
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    lmao

    dirty ducts need to be replaced

    especially flex ducts


    LOL Oh shut up with your nonsense!! You are seriously telling homeowners to rip open their ceilings and walls to replace solid sheetmetal ductwork, when there is nothing wrong with it?! You are nuts to make such a broad and wide statement on this forum. Over half the country has duct systems different then your area. Its not all flex in attics you know.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

    The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event