Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It was the boss I spoke with -

That's one of the best parts - I spoke to the boss. <g>

I'm sure there was no actual electrician or permit involved in this mess.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    PHM... If it were me... I might take a few cell phone pics of the destruction they did... then call the boss at the elec co. After some explanation... and texting the pics to him... they probably will pay your fee to fix it.

Ya know... maybe you need to be installing the lights... Pitch the customer on the mess the cheap guy makes.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I want to use all the right color wires (to match Anthony's original) so I'm not going back to fix it until tomorrow morning.

The LED installer has nothing to do with me - I'm just billing the customer and they can hassle it out with the installer.

I'll take a bunch of pictures tomorrow. My wonderful Samsung flip-phone has recently failed and I am cobbling along with an iphone and I'm sure it has a camera.

Oh wait: so then how do I get the pics from the iphone to somewhere useable? Maybe I better take the pics with an ipad - that way I can e-mail them to myself.
    The iphone can email pictures too. Or you can hook it up to a computer and import the pictures with the iphone's USB cable.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370995649.628577.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  35.7 KB

Great story. You can just upload pics from the iPhone. Saw this plate and thought of you.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Hey! So why didn't you tell me it was you taking that picture - I would have bought you a beer.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370995649.628577.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  35.7 KB

Great story. You can just upload pics from the iPhone. Saw this plate and thought of you.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------

Thanks.

Do I use the same cable that connects an ipod or an iphone to the computer to charge it? How are the pictures manipulated / transferred? Through itunes maybe?

I see the icon from MAIL on the iphone but I can't figure out how to create and send an email from it.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by cmclifton View Post
    The iphone can email pictures too. Or you can hook it up to a computer and import the pictures with the iphone's USB cable.
    PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Thanks.

Do I use the same cable that connects an ipod or an iphone to the computer to charge it? How are the pictures manipulated / transferred? Through itunes maybe?

I see the icon from MAIL on the iphone but I can't figure out how to create and send an email from it.

PHM
    ------
    Same cable. iTunes can transfer pictures. Windows has a tool that pops up when I plug my iphone in, and it asks me whether or not I want it to import the new pictures from the phone. (Win 7 home prem.)

Something closely related- I've been seeing where the energy savings people are selling the store anti-sweat cancelling hardware that randomly cuts power to the anti -sweat and door heaters. they are cheating by using one controller on multiple cases. The relays on the controllers fail and water pours off the door frames and the door glasses become frosted up. Wire them back to original specs. Energy savings lost even before they have paid for the installation. Hopefully no law suits form slipping on the water on floor.
    In GOD We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by jdwendling View Post
    Something closely related- I've been seeing where the energy savings people are selling the store anti-sweat cancelling hardware that randomly cuts power to the anti -sweat and door heaters. they are cheating by using one controller on multiple cases. The relays on the controllers fail and water pours off the door frames and the door glasses become frosted up. Wire them back to original specs. Energy savings lost even before they have paid for the installation. Hopefully no law suits form slipping on the water on floor.
    I wonder if they factor in our service call fees and associated stuff into their "savings" quote? Some of this stuff is really getting on my nerves. I'm all for saving energy where it makes sense, and a lot of this doesn't make any sense.

phm- as far as the phone goes: take picture, go to camera roll on phone to view pictures you've taken,tap screen and an arrow will pop up on bottom, hit that and you'll be able to send it out on text or email from there.

When i was at in-house at Walgreens, our lighting contractor would cut the frame heater wires
    every time they replaced a ballast. I tried for 3 years to get them fired. It was easier to just fix
    the screw ups. Pictures, phone calls and yelling at the guy didn't work. They must have had
    a REALLY cheap rate.

I had the same experience with electricians. Freezer doors froze shut. It's amazing how many people can tell this same story.

Quote Originally Posted by jdwendling View Post
    Now that is funny. Hussmann sells a controller for exactly this based on humidity. Limited by amperage, so they explicitly state in the instructions that you must wire the controller to additional relays rated for greater amperage if you want to chain cases together.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12