Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there an add-on Ice Sensor for existing home AC units?

Post Likes
    I fully agree with codes, maintained by the industry. Some that come to mind:

ASME ------ For pressure vessel design, and other joint uses.
    ASTM ------ Materials and test procedures ( good posibility )

In my case there is a poor connection from one tech's work, some cryptic notes on what was done and/or what needs to be done by next guy ... poor continuity.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KevimK2 View Post
    One correction where I was not clear enough: They removed the 8 monnth old evaporator for reasons unknown (it was not leaking), and they left it in the attic, after they found that they could not figure how to get it down the typical folding stairs from the garage ceiling. That stairway is how the 8 month old evaporator was put in the attic. They would not attempt to bring the new (allegedly identical) evaporator up the stairs and risk damaging it, until they figured out how to get the old one down.

Bottom line, going on 2nd day of no-cooling for my 89 yo Mom, due to problem installing a new evaporator that may not have been needed! Doh!
    Taking a longer view, the attic access should probably be improved to allow better access to the equipment. This will head off future frustration, even by a more competent crew.
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Post Likes
    Probably took the stairs out before. With these massive indoor units and standard trusses @ 22 -- no way to get it past the stairs. I have on occasion removed the drain pan/baffles etc... and got them to squeeze through.

Post Likes
    They got the new evaporator up the stairs by removing the trim around the ceiling opening.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in