Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I thinking we need a CODE that demands a proper sequence be followed when installing & also when doing Energy Efficiency work; perhaps with some kind of independent follow-up checking system.

Far too many customers are getting obscene install & service work.
    Customer's also need education concerning these procedures.

Wisconsin's (R) governor Scott Walker is implementing a workforce SKILLS training program, with some money even allocated to K-12 students.

We need a very high % of HVAC folks RETRAINED to meet New Higher Standards of Performance!

If our elected reps & us HVAC folks along with everyone in the media would began to explain the tremendous economic stimulus that would occur were there to be this kind of useful high-utility-content on Radio & Television; also, linking to Internet Videos/Audios; plus links to local forums, the economy & jobs would begin to take-off...

Our World is trying to lower our fossil fuel carbon pollution...by investing wisely, everyone can save a lot on their utility bills while helping to solve a multiplicity of the core economic problems facing our World; a mutual win/win/win, reducing budget deficits & prospering everyone...

I fully agree with codes, maintained by the industry. Some that come to mind:

ASME ------ For pressure vessel design, and other joint uses.
    ASTM ------ Materials and test procedures ( good posibility )

In my case there is a poor connection from one tech's work, some cryptic notes on what was done and/or what needs to be done by next guy ... poor continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by KevimK2 View Post
    One correction where I was not clear enough: They removed the 8 monnth old evaporator for reasons unknown (it was not leaking), and they left it in the attic, after they found that they could not figure how to get it down the typical folding stairs from the garage ceiling. That stairway is how the 8 month old evaporator was put in the attic. They would not attempt to bring the new (allegedly identical) evaporator up the stairs and risk damaging it, until they figured out how to get the old one down.

Bottom line, going on 2nd day of no-cooling for my 89 yo Mom, due to problem installing a new evaporator that may not have been needed! Doh!
    Taking a longer view, the attic access should probably be improved to allow better access to the equipment. This will head off future frustration, even by a more competent crew.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Probably took the stairs out before. With these massive indoor units and standard trusses @ 22 -- no way to get it past the stairs. I have on occasion removed the drain pan/baffles etc... and got them to squeeze through.

They got the new evaporator up the stairs by removing the trim around the ceiling opening.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234