Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Who makes a tool ?

Who makes a tool to wrap the sensing tube?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaJon View Post
    They say to make it like a paper clip andstick in the fins..but I see that mostly on freezer cases. Or the the cold control for freezers already pigtailed. They do make a tool to wind it up so you don't crack the tube.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

If you can only have one control - then the stat is better as it can't short cycle. And the stat is all you can use with a cap tube which is what most fractional HP cases are anyway - a LP control won't work.

On the other hand; if the low charge short cycling doesn't kill the compressor first - fixing the unit is just a bit easier because the low side never ran in a vacuum and sucked in moisture. <g>

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    i just did one an hour ago and wrapped around an ink pen several times to make a bulb. fit perfect in evap.
    lots of great ideas on controlling temp in this thread. if you had to choose either a tstat sensing coil temp, or a pressure control only for temp control which is preferred?
    it seems like both are basically the same idea and will control defrost as well. stat maybe gets the upper hand because it wont short cycle if pressure rises from bad valves,ambient etc...
    i like both though
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

PHM-- I will find out tomorrow.

grab one out of your truck and wrap it tight around an ink pen. seriously, it fits great, almost identical to an a12-1506 bulb

will the white rodegrs 1609-101 handle starting a 1 1/2 hp compressor dirrectly or is that getting to big? that could be a nice constant cut in used in the evap coil. i stopped by last night and the compressor was off and felt hot like it was off on overload. They haven't complained about temp at all, but i think it must be short cycling after lp satisfies. i think i'll need to add stat to prevent short cycling

time delay is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    will the white rodegrs 1609-101 handle starting a 1 1/2 hp compressor dirrectly or is that getting to big? that could be a nice constant cut in used in the evap coil. i stopped by last night and the compressor was off and felt hot like it was off on overload. They haven't complained about temp at all, but i think it must be short cycling after lp satisfies. i think i'll need to add stat to prevent short cycling
    Should be a high starting torque compressor if its a walk in cooler so it should cope with short off cycle times (so long as it doesn't drop in and out every minute or so)
    Was the condenser fan running when the comp was off? If not its most likely compressor was off due to reaching temperature as if it was off due to the klixon on the compressor the fan would still be running.

its on a fan cycle so ya it was off. wanted to use the white rodgers as a coil sensing stat which would also give me the off time needed and end short cycles

There is also about 5 feet of suction line outside by condensor not insulated at all. Will that dramatically effect how quick low side pressure rises in the off cycle? I'm going to stop by with some pipe insulation this afternoon and get it covered. It's about 90 degree ambient

sensing tube tool

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Who makes a tool to wrap the sensing tube?

PHM
    -------
    the guy that i work with has and old one that ranco used to sell or give away .i have been looking for one my self i use a small hose clamp and attach the end to a Phillips screw driver then wrap around the shaft.
    If a Ram is a Sheep, And an Ass is a Donkey, Why is a Ram in the Ass a Goose?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567