Snow/Ice Melt Sensor

Does anyone have a source for an ice/snow sensor on the market that can be utilized in a BAS/DDC control system to sense snow/ice on a sidewalk surface. The only one I see out there is a DS-2B sensor, but the engineer wishes to mount one in the sidewalk for ice melt control.

I have used the same unit before, it worked well

You could use a Tekmar http://www.tekmarcontrols.com/prod/090.shtml I have used this in the past and it has worked well. If memory serves correct you will require 3 ais and one do to use it.

Orion, I am curious as to why a USian has a picture of a (principally) UK/European control software sheet - Trend SET. Have you emigrated?
    gnomethang

>Have you emigrated?

No, but Trend products have. Trend has been available through the Novar dealer group for several years now. We have been installing it for 3-4 years now and are currently one of the largest US dealers with Trend products. Most of the modules have been UL listed within the last two years and many of the dealers have been pushing it really strong since.

I personally love it. Solid freely programmable system with plenty of "open" interface options. Refreshing change from some of the crap I have worked with previously. I’m TIS certified and working to get higher certs.

Have you not seen the US area on Pnet??

Nope, I am no longer working for a Trend SI so I don't have access. I knew that Trend were part of the Novar group but last time I looked the Trend product range wasn't being offered in the US.
    It is a good product, though.
    gnomethang