Back in the industry

A little about me. I spent many years as an Auto Tech. Living in FL, AC was a large part of what I repaired so I already had a decent understanding of the refrigerant process.

I took a job in maintenance at a Christian Camp and Conference Center in 1999. I got my Universal certification in 2000 while working there. We had many AC units, ice machine, walk in cooler and freezer and a salad bar. I managed to muddle my way through with the help and advice of a great former tech who ran the local supply house.

I went to work for an acquaintance who had an HVAC company as a service tech in 2004. I found this site and joined around that same time. I learned quite a bit by lurking. I worked for him for about a year and a half before deciding that I was too fat and old to be crawling around in attics every day and pursued other interests.

Here I am back again. I have just started a job as a maintenance tech for a local manufacturing company. We have 3 facilities with multiple AC units, process chillers and ice machine along with all the manufacturing equipment and other building facilities that I am responsible for maintaining. I am feeling a little overwhelmed.

I'm sure I will be posting for advice in the near future, hopefully getting back up to speed and learning about the unfamiliar equipment quickly.

Looking forward to being a part of the community and getting to the point where I can contribute as well.

Welcome!