+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sani-Dry help

Post Likes

Sani-Dry help

I was wondering if anyone knew about the sani dry dehumidifier? My sani-dry puts out very little water. Is this normal? Also I still get a kinda wet smell in my basement. Thanks

Post Likes
    Sorry about missing this post. Get a %RH meter and measure the air in and out of your dehu. Catch the mositure of the dehu in 30 mins. How many sqft. of space?
    We can tell how it is working. Basement should not smell musty with any good dehumidifier.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Hey TB,
    No problem. Thanks for the reply. My basement is about 1000 square feet or a little less I think. Shouldn't these things put out water? It runs most of the day and the drain hose outside my house is bone dry.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkstretch View Post
    Hey TB,
    No problem. Thanks for the reply. My basement is about 1000 square feet or a little less I think. Shouldn't these things put out water? It runs most of the day and the drain hose outside my house is bone dry.
    Running and bone dry with a dry hose is not good. Is the discharge air warm? temp/%RH in and out?
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy

Post Likes
    I have a plastic pan that directs my gutter water away from the house. This is where I have the sani dry hose sitting, and its never wet. The air that blows out is warm. I have to look into buying a %RH meter.

Post Likes
    I have a plastic pan that directs my gutter water away from the house. This is where I have the sani dry hose sitting, and its never wet. The air that blows out is warm. I have to look into buying a %RH meter.
    Walmart $12
    TB

Post Likes
    I have an acurite indoor humity monitor. Is that good?

Post Likes
    I put my acurite in front of the discharge vent and the humidity was 34 and temp was 81.
    In front of the intake I get 45 humidity and 68 temp.

Post Likes
    I put my acurite in front of the discharge vent and the humidity was 34 and temp was 81.
    In front of the intake I get 45 humidity and 68 temp.
    The inlet air is dry. Set the control to turn on at 55%RH at the inlet. It will turn off at <50%RH. This is ideal.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards TB

Post Likes
    So I guess it's working ok even though it never puts out water? I had the sani dry set at 50, but when I was getting a musty smell on the opposite end of my basement away from the sani dry I changed it to 40. I also run a portable dehumidifier on the other side of my basement just to see if it would collect water and it fills up.

Post Likes
    So I guess it's working ok even though it never puts out water? I had the sani dry set at 50, but when I was getting a musty smell on the opposite end of my basement away from the sani dry I changed it to 40. I also run a portable dehumidifier on the other side of my basement just to see if it would collect water and it fills up.
    Yes the space is dry enough not to need dehumidification. But you should be getting moisture out of the dehumidifier when it runs. It could be that the dehu at the other end is keeping your space dry. Can you confirm that you no water is comming out of the Sani-Dry at any time? What is the model and serial number of the unit? I was not concerned when I thought that this was the only dehu in the space. We do manufacture some of the Sani-Drys. Call Justin 800 533 7533, ext 8474 for help.
    Regards TB

Post Likes
    The portable unit is a small haie, and I only started to run it to see if it would collect water. I have only seen small droplet stains in the pan under the drain hose, and this is rare.

Post Likes
    Serial number I thnk is 06109 or 3182685.

Post Likes
    What is the best day and time to call Justin?

Post Likes
    What is the best day and time to call Justin?
    9:00 am -4:00pm central
    Regards TB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    9:00 am -4:00pm central
    Regards TB
    Hey TB,
    I don't know if you are still subscribed. I have another issue with my sani dry system. I was wondering if you had the phone number for sani dry manufacturer in Connecticut? I called justin last time and he did not manufacture my unit and gave me a number to call in Connecticut. I missed placed it. Thanks

Post Likes
    Hey TB,
    I don't know if you are still subscribed. I have another issue with my sani dry system. I was wondering if you had the phone number for sani dry manufacturer in Connecticut? I called justin last time and he did not manufacture my unit and gave me a number to call in Connecticut. I missed placed it. Thanks
    I do not have the phone number. Justin does, 800 533 7533, ext. 0 ask for Justin.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in