Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My solar

Post Likes
    kangaroogod,

Thank you for sharing this information.

I am in a good wind zone with being located in the foothills of Appalachian Mountains.

I want to add a windmill that can handle 100mph to 110mph wind gusts with 75 mph sustained for sometimes 24 hours. Need a good sturdy tail and braking. We get this type wind every year in spring and fall. All other times the wind is average is 10 mph, mostly in the evenings when the sun is going down.

I may build my own windmill as $15,000 to $20,000 installed was out of my budget. I have been studying Hugh Piggot for the past 10 years and I ordered some plans from him. I will attach his link for interested folks.
    http://www.scoraigwind.com/

With the wind here, I have been concerned mounting solar panels on my roof so I may need to mount them on the ground.
    Dealing with Global Warming

Post Likes
    FYI, the cost to properly install. 10kw Bergy windmill (around here) on a 140' pole is about 80k. Remember height is your friend. Don't waste your Money on anything less that 140' tower. I average 4.1 m/s at 80'

Post Likes
    Mr Roo, Thats pretty cool. Thanks for posting. Is there very much to installing and wiring them? I wouldnt think there would be anything crazy for hooking them up. Are your numbers based on you doing the installation work yourself?

In 20 years I would think this will be a lot more common. Im sure the cost of the panels will come down with time.

Post Likes
    Due to nys regulations, all install needs to be done by an accredited contractor... The wiring is easy enough for someone that does electrical for a living

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12