Thread: Blodgett combi

Blodgett combi

Anyone ever changed the gaskets on the heat exchanger tubes on a BC14G? I got one thats 4 months old and they're leaking. Just wondering how tough it is.

are you sure you don't have a cracked boiler.i have changed maybe 6-8 boilers on these things.does the drain pump operate?if the drain pump doesn't flush out the water and minerals it builds up in the tank and the burners end up cracking the tank.i've got one that is 18 days old that i installed and the drain pump is already clogged.come to think of it i've probably changed 10-12 tanks on these.to answer your question no i have not changed tank gasketsbut its not to difficult to change a tank.

You know, I didn't actually see the leaking gasket. I spoke to Blodgett about it and they told me what to order. Water is dripping down onto the burners. The drain pump is operational. I had to jump it to test. I can't believe that there is no manual drain. You also can't manually put it into delime. The customer didn't have time for me to tear down the whole thing. I gave Blodgett all the info. I guess I'll find out. Blodgett said the tube gaskets are prone to leaking. We don't have many of these around here. Too much $$$$.

i can think of 12 in my area.to start delime cycle there is small white button(steam on demand) you need to press and hold down to start delime i think you need to be in cool down mode to do this.does this unit have the delime pump station mounted to the back or are the pumps internal? i'm inclined to believe the burner tubes are leaking and not the gaskets,but who knows,you need to tear it down to find out.have gaskets on hand when you do this.another thing, is this on a water softner.sometimes it seems that the salts are to heavy for the pump to move.

I understand the steam on demand button, but if the delime lamp isn't on, it won't go into delime. It's got a water filter and a scale stick on it. I ordered the gaskets, but I agree, when I tear it down the boiler may be cracked. This school has 4 of these. This is the only one that has acted up. Are you also aware that the top of the unit is held on by 2 sided tape? I had a corner come up & found out about that. I've also noticed they are prone to leaking steam out of the electric delime pump port. They don't have the electric pump. Steam leaks out of that red cap in the back. Have you seen that?

never noticed steam out of the ports,every unit ive seen has deliming pumps attached to them, and by the time they call the thing is completely down. how do they delime with no pumps attached to the deliming ports.on the new ones (bcx14g) the pumps are built into the unit and you can delime at any time without delime light being on.i'm not sure how to get the older unit to delime when the unit doesn't call for a deliming,but there's got to be a way to do it.i installed two of the new units on 4-20-07 and by may 8 the top unit would not drain and it was not calling to be delimed either.

They use a hand pump and hook it to the delime port on the left side. Actually, according to Blodgett there is no way to force the unit into delime unless the board is calling for it. I heard you could unhook the low water cut off when it fills, then hook it back up. That doesn't work. Thanks for the good info.

FYI.... Changed gaskets. Found hole in weld on heat exchanger.

somehow i thought you would, more often than not i find a crack/hole.