Stocking Tecumseh current relays

I was reading the thread about 3 in 1 relays, and I thought I would post on how I handle it with fractional HP Tecumseh compressors.

A good friend at the local Tecumseh distributor sent me the following PDF that shows what relays and overloads are used on all small Tecumseh compressors. It only takes about 8 relays to cover all the pumps. I put them in a small box with a copy of the PDF, and it's great to be able to say, "your start relay is bad, but I have one in the truck".

When I did this quite a few years ago, I think it cost about $xxx (not much) for the initial stocking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by baub; 06-08-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Included pricing. Ooops!
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

I just stock a relay hard start kit for 1/4, 1/3, and for a 1/2. Pretty much covers it.

The new relay & overloads from Tecumseh are a big improvement. Thanks for that pdf!

It reminds me of years ago when Tecumseh sold a ready-made service parts kit in a box. They should consider doing that again, but have them in a neat case like the Sporlan Q-Body TEV Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    It reminds me of years ago when Tecumseh sold a ready-made service parts kit in a box. They should consider doing that again, but have them in a neat case like the Sporlan Q-Body TEV Kit.
    It took a while but i found it:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

is that relays and start caps? cant quite read the kit number. would you mind posting- i would like to get that. do alot of restraunt coolers.

Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    is that relays and start caps? cant quite read the kit number. would you mind posting- i would like to get that. do alot of restraunt coolers.
    Start relays only. My wag is that kit is 25 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by baub View Post
    A good friend at the local Tecumseh distributor sent me the following PDF that shows what relays and overloads are used on all small Tecumseh compressors.
    Mmmmm... I remember doing this pdf. I should update it once in a while, wouldn't you think?
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. – Abraham Maslow