Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hello Jedi Jim aka Technician57. Congrats on your recent job offer. As your MT leader, I feel compelled to fill in the rest of the story. After you were called out for stealing payroll hours and quit under pressure from your field supervisor, weren't you hired by CMS? Pretty sure I was told last week that CMS didn't work out so well (I think the words you used were "they're going to let me lie low and leave me alone"....what happened?). In any event, when I was told last week that CMS didn't work out and you were requesting to return to MT, I personally prevented it from happening. I can post the full email if you'd like! Doesn't it suck to go public with your lies and be called out? For everyone else, Metrotech is a high quality, high integrity company that recently cleaned house and flooded the market with a bunch of bad apples. We backfilled the holes, have the best techs we've ever had (the great ones stayed), and still have 10 openings across the country for growth. So, if you're an A-Player, as Jim says, we absolutely want you. Jim, good luck and I hope you landed at a competitor!

ruh roh...

Man that sucks lol clock rider get to work lol!:-)

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC Leader View Post
    Hello Jedi Jim aka Technician57. Congrats on your recent job offer. As your MT leader, I feel compelled to fill in the rest of the story. After you were called out for stealing payroll hours and quit under pressure from your field supervisor, weren't you hired by CMS? Pretty sure I was told last week that CMS didn't work out so well (I think the words you used were "they're going to let me lie low and leave me alone"....what happened?). In any event, when I was told last week that CMS didn't work out and you were requesting to return to MT, I personally prevented it from happening. I can post the full email if you'd like! Doesn't it suck to go public with your lies and be called out? For everyone else, Metrotech is a high quality, high integrity company that recently cleaned house and flooded the market with a bunch of bad apples. We backfilled the holes, have the best techs we've ever had (the great ones stayed), and still have 10 openings across the country for growth. So, if you're an A-Player, as Jim says, we absolutely want you. Jim, good luck and I hope you landed at a competitor!
    So, you want to give us the full story, but you missed a couple details....

Did 33 out of 55 techs really leave?

Did you cut there pay?

Did you just keep all the sales techs?

After reading this post there is a 0% chance I would be interested in you being my "MT leader".

A quality company/manager wouldn't need to sign up on hvac-talk for the sole purpose of posting one time to trash a former employee. Whether you are right or wrong about this tech doesn't matter, you come across as someone who doesn't know how to manage people and I'm assuming that's an important part of your job.

Technician57 doesn't even have to respond to your post at this point, it's just he said she said and frankly neither of you are helping our industry look good. No matter how you spin it, management or employee, MT comes across as an environment of petty backstabbers, what good company has to "clean house" with 60% of it's workforce... Not one managed and run well.

Mike 19 and Mason,

Here are the answers to your questions/comments:

Yes - we had 30 leave and had to fire 2-3. They've all been replaced with new techs and we're now at 65 techs going up to 75 (yes, growing).

Yes - pay was cut for many of the techs because we stopped them from "logging" extra hours. Hourly rates actually were increased, vacation was increased, holidays were increased, drive time was paid (previously flat rated). So, the honest techs are making more today.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sales techs". We kept the honest techs (high and low paid) and hired 40 more. We don't have "sales techs", we have 100% service techs and have high standards for integrity and competence. Our company is designed to attract techs who are tired of working for dishonest companies.

Mason - It doesn't matter to me if you'd like to work for me or not. I've been leading men in business and combat for many years. I know and understand leadership and integrity and have high standards that were forged in the military. Many people aren't comfortable in such an environment, but those who are do very, very well. I'm pleased to be able to join this forum and rightfully defend the company against falsehoods and slander. My final note on the topic is that I've found the industry as a whole fraught with companies that cheat customers and do poor quality work. Nothing else matters to me except running the very best HVAC company in the US. Those that buy in are welcome and those that don't can do whatever they'd like. Good luck in your chose career and remember that earning an honest living is both possible and honorable.

It is unfortunate that our former employee, technician57, has come onto this forum and portayed Metro Tech in such a negative light. Metro Tech and technician57 chose to go in separate directions and like any good business we would have liked to have heard any constructive critiscm that technician57 had to offer in our exit interview during which we always value any comments or suggestions that could help us offer a better experience for our current and future employees.

I am the service manager at Metro Tech, insert name here, I've been leading men in business and combat for many years. I understand the importance of leadership and integrity and have high standards that were forged in the military. Those who are hardworking, organized and committed thrive in the environment that we create as a team. I'm pleased to be able to join this forum where I hope to learn and help others succeed.

Every company goes through it's up and downs but currently at Metro Tech nothing else matters to us except running the very best HVAC company in the US. Those that buy in are welcome and will join an outstanding team that shares a common goal of outstanding work. For those not interested, good luck in your career and remember that earning an honest living is both possible and honorable and I hope to see you on the boards where we can learn from each other.
    I did a little editing to your post ^, maybe lead with that next time. The high road is the road of men and leaders.

Is this a happy ending? Maybe? I like happy endings. Not everyone thinks the same things, or always agrees but I'm glad to see a certain level of respect maintained since we're all professionals here.

And hvac leader, welcome to the forum. I hope you become a participating member and that this thread isn't the last we see of you. AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY, whatever branch it was in.

Gentlemen,
    Great posts!! I am glad it's Friday, Happy Father's Day weekend!.

Sent from mobile device.

EN TER TAIN MENT.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

I was there 20 something years ago, I moved on, but I remember a little turmoil with a manager back then too. Jim, not sure if you are the highland variety of Jim that was there in early 90's. If you are you'll land on your feet.
    Just wondering out loud here, when they were "logging" extra hours, were you billing extra hours. I'd have to say the company comes out the better side of that deal.

My company has caught guys "pencil whipping" 9hr pm's on paper but actually spending half the day going home for 4 hour lunches or shopping half the day at lowes for a new grill or mower. But their time sheet said they did the pm all day. And in reality they MIGHT have completed 1/10th of the real work. Just enough to look like they did the job.

That's what I get out of "logging extra hours". These are both newbies to the forum so I'm not sure who to naturally believe but I've personally seen the scenario that I described above and it really burnt my a$$! So if that is what "hvac leader" was talking about then good for them to clean out that kind of dishonest behavior that causes people to not trust any tech they ever deal with.

If that wasn't the scenario, then I really don't know enough about the situation to comment further. And that's fine too cause I'd rather not be the person continuing a thread based upon the drama that has developed here. I think the "evil empire" comment was probably a very dramatic choice of words to use on a public forum about your then current employer.

Good luck to everyone involved, I genuinely hope that it all worked out well for all parties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast