The feds scan every piece of mail you send & store the image

The feds scan every piece of mail you send & store the image

I didn't realize this. This means that if your name is in the computer, then you letter gets kicked out and opened. It doesn't matter if your name is the address or return address.

I saw a fellow on Fox yesteday that wrote a book called "No Place to Hide". It was about the state of survellience in the country now. And really he is right. They soon will have all cars with GPS receivers and loggers in the cars. Your location may not be transmitted in real time (can't happen without a transmitter), but there will at least be a log of where you were on that day and at that time. We are being suffocated by this. I wonder how long before they do away with cash?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...letters-687435

They have been doing mail that way for years... even before 911.

You wont notice on the letters you receive but each one of them has an invisible barcode placed on it by the post office.

Pretty fascinating stuff..... The post office wants you to address your mail clearly using block letters not to make it easier for the mail folks to read but so that the optical scanners can read it.

They probably do store the images now with 911 and all...... but the process of optically scanning the mail is not sinister in any way...it just makes mail sorting more efficient.
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

He actually said that

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    They have been doing mail that way for years... even before 911.

You wont notice on the letters you receive but each one of them has an invisible barcode placed on it by the post office.

Pretty fascinating stuff..... The post office wants you to address your mail clearly using block letters not to make it easier for the mail folks to read but so that the optical scanners can read it.

They probably do store the images now with 911 and all...... but the process of optically scanning the mail is not sinister in any way...it just makes mail sorting more efficient.
    I completely agree with you. All my letters are printed by my printer in 12 point font and all caps. I have no problem with this making it easier for the scanner to read. I do have a problem that every piece of mail I've ever sent is now in their computer and stored. I do have a problem that when they want to know what I'm sending or receiving, all they have to do is tell their sorters to kick my letter out when the computer gets a match on my name. This is taking it far further than just optically scanning our letters in the interest of speed and efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I completely agree with you. All my letters are printed by my printer in 12 point font and all caps. I have no problem with this making it easier for the scanner to read. I do have a problem that every piece of mail I've ever sent is now in their computer and stored. I do have a problem that when they want to know what I'm sending or receiving, all they have to do is tell their sorters to kick my letter out when the computer gets a match on my name. This is taking it far further than just optically scanning our letters in the interest of speed and efficiency.
    They wont be looking at your mail.... its not like they are going to put in just someones name and get the computer to do a search...they are going to have to have a reason.

Got an arabic name ???...sending stuff to the middle east or eastern europe.....

I dont get upset about stuff such as this because they are doing it for a reason....catching bad guys......and Im not a bad guy.
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

He actually said that