Switching Unions

Does anyone know how it works if you want to move to a different state and assuming you could find a job at a union shop that would sponsor you, if you were a apprentice would you have to start over? Or would you just jump into your current year of training? I am sure it varies by union but just wondering if anyone has had any experience with something like this.

work.pdfThe UA makes it easy to move between locals, your business agent has all the info and can also link you with an employer signatory in another state.
    Now if you are moving from a UA local to a metal trades local, its been done but is a little more involving. here a list of openings from the UA site.

Thanks. I am going to be sponsored and take my test for 597 in Chicago in January when the next test is but am just on a permit until then. I would stay service but was just wondering because I have family up here moving to Tampa bay, FL next year or other members in Dallas, TX and was wondering how transferring would work if I was a 1st or 2nd year apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by blulightning101 View Post
    Thanks. I am going to be sponsored and take my test for 597 in Chicago in January when the next test is but am just on a permit until then. I would stay service but was just wondering because I have family up here moving to Tampa bay, FL next year or other members in Dallas, TX and was wondering how transferring would work if I was a 1st or 2nd year apprentice.
    Well, being a 1rs or 2nd year apprentice does not work in your favor, you are pretty much irrelevant, replaceable and have no skill to offer, guys like you are dime a dozen, unless you have pull,juice or a card up your sleeve