+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gulf coast pay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Gulf coast pay

I was told the reason for our pay being so low to our parent company is due to the fact that they are bigger... I always thought tech pay was based off of knowledge/experience and the cost of living in your area? Any owners that can help me with an answer? I found out a tech in our north MS office is making a good bit more than I am( coastal MS) and he knows very little about chillers, boilers, large commercial equipment. We did both attend the niagara ax cert together, both passed ( thanks to a little help) but he is mainly a res/light com tech. The cost of living difference is in his favor .16 percent

Post Likes
    In Texas I started out at 10 dollars an hour then moved to $14 with spiffs. Now I am doing some percentage piecework but it is a lot more pressure because you incur more business costs. Vehicle, callbacks, etc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    In Texas I started out at 10 dollars an hour then moved to $14 with spiffs.
    How long ago was that though?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    About 3 years ago. And that was also under the fast track experience plan. 1 day equals one week, 1 week equals 1 month, 1 month equals one year. There is really no other way to get 24 years experience in 2 years. It is amazing. HaHa!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    About 3 years ago. And that was also under the fast track experience plan. 1 day equals one week, 1 week equals 1 month, 1 month equals one year. There is really no other way to get 24 years experience in 2 years. It is amazing. HaHa!
    huh????????

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    huh????????
    It is a bunch of BS but I see a lot of it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ReferYankee View Post
    I was told the reason for our pay being so low to our parent company is due to the fact that they are bigger... I always thought tech pay was based off of knowledge/experience and the cost of living in your area? Any owners that can help me with an answer? I found out a tech in our north MS office is making a good bit more than I am( coastal MS) and he knows very little about chillers, boilers, large commercial equipment. We did both attend the niagara ax cert together, both passed ( thanks to a little help) but he is mainly a res/light com tech. The cost of living difference is in his favor .16 percent
    That guy up north might not know about chillers but he sure knows a lot more about getting what he wants. It's not only tech knowledge that gets you paid.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ReferYankee View Post
    Today, I worked in South Haven, Mississippi. If I was willing to live in Hackberry or Port Author, I would get almost twice what I currently make. Those who work on the coolers down there make a lot more money than we do up here in Tenn and Northern Miss. If your making less than one of us up here, you're doing something wrong. I was working on the side in west LA/east Texas making about $40 an hour working on shore side ice machines for shrimp boats and walk ins. The Gulf Coast is the promise land if you just want to make lots of money. I had to turn stuff down, or I would have never gotten any sleep. Not a week goes by that my wife doesn't lean on me to return to the Gulf.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in