korean ice machine

I worked on this ice machine never heard of this brand! it has a shutoff valve in the back of the ice machine for the drain, the drain does not have an electronic valve from my under standing it must stay closed, if I open the valve it will keep dumping water and bringing in domestic water but once I valve it off it a makes ice great. but keeping it closed this means the machine cannot dump any water. honestly I feel that's how this machine works even though its not what im used to! read the instructions it doesn't makes sense how they worded thingsName:  ice 1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  58.1 KBName:  ice 2.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  47.0 KBName:  ice 3.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  46.7 KB

Are you sure either the fill valve or the dump valve isn't stuck open?

How can it be a manual ice machine? <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    I worked on this ice machine never heard of this brand! it has a shutoff valve in the back of the ice machine for the drain, the drain does not have an electronic valve from my under standing it must stay closed, if I open the valve it will keep dumping water and bringing in domestic water but once I valve it off it a makes ice great. but keeping it closed this means the machine cannot dump any water. honestly I feel that's how this machine works even though its not what im used to! read the instructions it doesn't makes sense how they worded thingsName:  ice 1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  58.1 KBName:  ice 2.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  47.0 KBName:  ice 3.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  46.7 KB
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

An ice machine doesn't have to dump water for ice production. It dumps water to remove minerals from the trough. Maybe the manual valve is for cleaning purposes. Got to love the attempt at translation.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    An ice machine doesn't have to dump water for ice production. It dumps water to remove minerals from the trough. Maybe the manual valve is for cleaning purposes. Got to love the attempt at translation.
    I was just reading about Kentucky Fried Chicken the other day,Finger Licking Good turned into ,Eat your fingers off ,when they opened in China!

There should be a kid behind operating the valve.

That's how it works, it keeps the water level in the machine and just keeps reusing it. To flush the minerals, you have to open that manual drain valve.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I agree with you, it does not need to dump water to produce ice. But It seemed strange to run without dumping water to remove sediments, even a cooling tower dumps water every so often!!!! It had a manual dump valve if I opened it the machine will continue to dump water and continue to bleed makeup water into the trough. I left it closed it produce good ice

Quote Originally Posted by holdi View Post
    I will take care about this. Do not you worry.

Well this should be fun

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

You can install a solenoid timer valve downstream of the shutoff valve. You will be able to vary how often it dumps and the duration of the opening of the valve. This of course will cost a little. Should have had it on there from get go.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

That is such a good idea that I wish I had thought of it. However; I will now quietly steal it from you for my own future glorification. <g>

Thanks.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    You can install a solenoid timer valve downstream of the shutoff valve. You will be able to vary how often it dumps and the duration of the opening of the valve. This of course will cost a little. Should have had it on there from get go.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.