Thread: Lennox XP16 Question on two stage

Post Likes

Confused Lennox XP16 Question on two stage

I recently purchased a new Lennox Heat Pump and Variable Blower and i have a very simple question. How do i change between the second and first stage of the system to maximize efficiency? Or is it something that is done automatically?

I was sold on the two stage advantages and wasn't sure if it was done by changing fan settings between (auto and circ) or if i'm missing something.

I was not there during installation so i was not able to ask the question.

New Equipment: XP16-60 Heap Pump, CBX32MV-060 Variable Blower, Lennox Digital Touchscreen control.

Thanks

Post Likes
    The thermostat will control the stages if everything is wired/set up right when it was installed.

Post Likes
    Thanks,

I think the thermostat may not have the ability to change stages.(?) looks fancy enough though. I give the company a call to verify.

Post Likes
    Have the sales rep or tech come by to show you all the cool features that you paid for. Also have them walk you thru the warranty and where they hid all the paperwork for the units.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Post Likes
    I have a 2 stage Lennox XP19 with VS indoor unit in my house. The thermostat changes the staging and also changes air flow between low and high stages. Low stage air flow is 70% of high stage air flow. I sie up the lights on my non-touch screen thermostat to tell me what stage(s) are running.

Kevin

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in