Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klee7013 View Post
    I had two sets of clamps break on me. One was a year or so ago. And one last week.
    Just inferior product / poor design on the clamp for the price they are sold for IMO

but love all the other fieldpiece products i own a sc77 meter 5 years old and not a lick of trouble, sdp2, hg3, and my FP manometer ,

the clamps are the only reason i have not bit the bullet on the sman4s. but i would love to be able to sync it to my hg3.
    We did have a bad batch of plastic and the one that broke last week likely was built over a year ago. We have had newer ones come back cracked. PM me your address and I'll ship you some at no charge so you can try them out again

I have gone through 4 clamps with my SMAN3s, just threw the pieces in the garbage and bought some cheap clamps from Home Depot and rigged the thermocouple to them. They may not last long either, but at least they don't cost some much when they break. Looking at some metal wood clamps to maybe build up using pieces of scrap copper to mount the thermocouple to, if it works I will post some pictures.

After I tripped on the wire of one and broke the clamp in the other,
    I took the wire from the clamp that broke and put it on the clamp with the wire that broke.
    but be careful the wire comes off the metal piece in a heartbeat.
    Hope I live long enough to get me a wireless sensor set.
    Just grab the line with one hand and your testicle with the other like we had to back in the day.
    Economy - Quality - Speed <---- pick two

A big thumbs up to Russell and the guys and gals at Fieldpiece. Talked to Russell about my clamps and received new ones in the mail in a few days. Once again, Fieldpiece customer service is second to none. Thanks.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with Russell, but James and Jeremy are taking care of me! One of my clamps quit working after a few weeks(i even keep them in a separate zippered pouch to avoid breaking them), but James and Jeremy to the rescue!

I must reply and brag on the Fieldpiece crew again. I just found a box with a new SMAN3 and clamps that one of my kids brought in and opened and didn't even tell me. I am not sure how long it has been here. An amazing surprise, though I did know they were going to take care of the clamp issue.

I am still using my Sman 3 without the clamps. It sucks but I am so use to using them I don't want to put my Testo 550 back into service with the 2 clamps. I have been using my Fluke 52 with pipe clamp for taking my temps.

Quote Originally Posted by rayzer75 View Post
    I was skeptical when I first forked out the money for my sman3, after some minor problems and feildpiece sending me the replacement parts they seem to be fine so i bought another set and got rid of my old brand x set once and for all.And the company is really responsive with problems,
    Same here, I received the new clamps and high side valve, and haven't had any issues in 2 years. SMAN still works great! Bad parts happen, the difference is in the company's response to the issue. Hats off for the great customer care.
    Thanks Russell!
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Still no clamps for the Sman. I took the broken clamps and pulled the wires and sensors off the broken clamps. Went to Home Depot to look for some clamps that I could import the sensors on to. Not much out there where the clamps have rounded ends to grip pipes.

I have gone through 5 clamps so far. Even the replacement I bought broke so I gave up and have just been using Velcro or tape but it has been a real PIA. Russell if you want to make good on the five broken ones I have it would be much appreciated. If not, I understand as it has been awhile since these units were purchased. I do still have on good clamp but it is two years old and still going strong. Now that I mentioned the good one it will probably break the next time I use it, lol
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Never had a clamp break but my factory replacement SMAN 4 still won't stay in calibration.

Returned enough FP products to have grown weary of it all.

Has anyone bought the Omega calibration tool. Seem like a good idea but would like anyone's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Never had a clamp break but my factory replacement SMAN 4 still won't stay in calibration.

Returned enough FP products to have grown weary of it all.

Ive had my sman3 for 6 months. so far they are awesome. no problems at all. Love them for leak testing piping jobs. They are also my first digital guage for refrigerant.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast