Thread: How good are Frigidaire Heat Pumps?

Post Likes

Question How good are Frigidaire Heat Pumps?

I need to replace 3 units in a 4500sqft house. A 5 ton, 4 ton and 3 ton. Buying Frigidaire units over Carrier, Trane or Amana will save me around $10k on the initial cost. Any experience or feedback on the quality of Frigidaire heat pumps?

Post Likes
    Is a very desirable and good quality unit. Good warranty.
    More important is how the change out is performed.
    I have used them with no regrets.
    Last edited by permafrost12345; 03-12-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Post Likes
    I put a Grandaire( same as Frigidarie, both made by Nordyne) in my house and havent looked back. Easy to get parts for and as already stated, good warrantys.
    Poor planning on your part doesn’t necessarily constitute an emergency on my part.

Post Likes
    mtr

Putting the quality of Frigidaire heat pumps aside for the moment, 12 tons (3 systems) for 4500 sq ft sounds oversized. I suggest you request written heat/cool load calculations and review very carefully.

My opinion.

Post Likes

Frigidaire

I quarantee you that the $12,000.00 difference includes something different other than equipment costs! There is not that kind of difference of price between comparable model brands. I would question whether the installations will be the same quality. Go see & get references from other people that have had your contractor install the units for.
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mr big View Post
    I quarantee you that the $12,000.00 difference includes something different other than equipment costs! There is not that kind of difference of price between comparable model brands. I would question whether the installations will be the same quality. Go see & get references from other people that have had your contractor install the units for.
    Ditto,Mr Big and I finally agree!!!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdunes View Post
    mtr

Putting the quality of Frigidaire heat pumps aside for the moment, 12 tons (3 systems) for 4500 sq ft sounds oversized. I suggest you request written heat/cool load calculations and review very carefully.

My opinion.
    Ditto ,agree again

Post Likes

Frigidaire

Dash, I can assure you that we agree more than you think, except that I am a bit more GE/Trane washed than you! LOL
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.

Post Likes
    If they are anything like their refrigerators, I would stay away. We've had the evaporator blower motor, compressor and control board all replaced on our 5 year old frig. Luckily, the extended warranty we bought covered most of the parts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by florida pe View Post
    If they are anything like their refrigerators, I would stay away. We've had the evaporator blower motor, compressor and control board all replaced on our 5 year old frig. Luckily, the extended warranty we bought covered most of the parts.
    The company that makes your fridge licenses the name to Nordyne who also market there equipment under brands like Tappan, Gibson, and Maytag. The reliablity of Frigidaire kitchen appliances is totally unrelated to Frigidaire HVAC.

Post Likes

Amana Asz14 Seer Heatpump

Amana model ASZ14xxxxxx has a lifetime unit replacement if the compressor fails. That warranty is good for as long as you own your home. If you go with their furnace with the stainless steel heat exchanger you get a new furnace if the heat exchanger fails . Essentialy it is the last system you will have to buy. See if any other manufacturer can top that warranty. You also get a 10 year parts warranty with it . Find an Amana dealer in your area before you make a decision.

Post Likes

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    Amana model ASZ14xxxxxx has a lifetime unit replacement if the compressor fails. That warranty is good for as long as you own your home. If you go with their furnace with the stainless steel heat exchanger you get a new furnace if the heat exchanger fails . Essentialy it is the last system you will have to buy. See if any other manufacturer can top that warranty. You also get a 10 year parts warranty with it . Find an Amana dealer in your area before you make a decision.
    Nordyne's warranty is just as good as Amana.

Just so you know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in