Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Question How good are Frigidaire Heat Pumps?

    I need to replace 3 units in a 4500sqft house. A 5 ton, 4 ton and 3 ton. Buying Frigidaire units over Carrier, Trane or Amana will save me around $10k on the initial cost. Any experience or feedback on the quality of Frigidaire heat pumps?

  2. #2
    Is a very desirable and good quality unit. Good warranty.
    More important is how the change out is performed.
    I have used them with no regrets.
    Last edited by permafrost12345; 03-12-2007 at 06:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Taylors, SC
    Posts
    403
    I put a Grandaire( same as Frigidarie, both made by Nordyne) in my house and havent looked back. Easy to get parts for and as already stated, good warrantys.
    Poor planning on your part doesn’t necessarily constitute an emergency on my part.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,976
    mtr

    Putting the quality of Frigidaire heat pumps aside for the moment, 12 tons (3 systems) for 4500 sq ft sounds oversized. I suggest you request written heat/cool load calculations and review very carefully.

    My opinion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Posts
    649

    Frigidaire

    I quarantee you that the $12,000.00 difference includes something different other than equipment costs! There is not that kind of difference of price between comparable model brands. I would question whether the installations will be the same quality. Go see & get references from other people that have had your contractor install the units for.
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by mr big View Post
    I quarantee you that the $12,000.00 difference includes something different other than equipment costs! There is not that kind of difference of price between comparable model brands. I would question whether the installations will be the same quality. Go see & get references from other people that have had your contractor install the units for.
    Ditto,Mr Big and I finally agree!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdunes View Post
    mtr

    Putting the quality of Frigidaire heat pumps aside for the moment, 12 tons (3 systems) for 4500 sq ft sounds oversized. I suggest you request written heat/cool load calculations and review very carefully.

    My opinion.
    Ditto ,agree again

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Posts
    649

    Frigidaire

    Dash, I can assure you that we agree more than you think, except that I am a bit more GE/Trane washed than you! LOL
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    81
    If they are anything like their refrigerators, I would stay away. We've had the evaporator blower motor, compressor and control board all replaced on our 5 year old frig. Luckily, the extended warranty we bought covered most of the parts.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by florida pe View Post
    If they are anything like their refrigerators, I would stay away. We've had the evaporator blower motor, compressor and control board all replaced on our 5 year old frig. Luckily, the extended warranty we bought covered most of the parts.
    The company that makes your fridge licenses the name to Nordyne who also market there equipment under brands like Tappan, Gibson, and Maytag. The reliablity of Frigidaire kitchen appliances is totally unrelated to Frigidaire HVAC.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2

    Amana Asz14 Seer Heatpump

    Amana model ASZ14xxxxxx has a lifetime unit replacement if the compressor fails. That warranty is good for as long as you own your home. If you go with their furnace with the stainless steel heat exchanger you get a new furnace if the heat exchanger fails . Essentialy it is the last system you will have to buy. See if any other manufacturer can top that warranty. You also get a 10 year parts warranty with it . Find an Amana dealer in your area before you make a decision.

  12. #12

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    Amana model ASZ14xxxxxx has a lifetime unit replacement if the compressor fails. That warranty is good for as long as you own your home. If you go with their furnace with the stainless steel heat exchanger you get a new furnace if the heat exchanger fails . Essentialy it is the last system you will have to buy. See if any other manufacturer can top that warranty. You also get a 10 year parts warranty with it . Find an Amana dealer in your area before you make a decision.
    Nordyne's warranty is just as good as Amana.

    Just so you know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event