Mitsu Slim unit - Diamond installer does NOT wire up units??

Experts,

I'm getting quotes in my area and (supposedly) the best rated Diamond dealer in my area is telling me that they only place unit on wall, install outside on base and run conduit........thats it. NO wiring to house or anything else. Is this normal ??

Here is exact wording:
    "We normally wire the indoor unit because the electrical wire needs to be incorporated with the drain line and the refrigerant lines it is easier for us to do that part of because these components all run together and tie into the outdoor unit. Hope this helps you to understand. Your electrician will wire everything else."
    -mark

The electrical work is required (in most instances) to be done by a licensed electrician. It sounds as if the dealer you got the quote from either doesn't have a licensed electrician on staff, or doesn't have an electrician that they use for their installs.

I always give the homeowner the choice of either using their own electrician or the one I have "on call". My electrician supplies me with a flat rate list of what he'll charge for almost any situation that might be encountered in residential HVAC work. If the HO chooses to use their own electrician I discount the quote accordingly.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    The electrical work is required (in most instances) to be done by a licensed electrician. It sounds as if the dealer you got the quote from either doesn't have a licensed electrician on staff, or doesn't have an electrician that they use for their installs.

I always give the homeowner the choice of either using their own electrician or the one I have "on call". My electrician supplies me with a flat rate list of what he'll charge for almost any situation that might be encountered in residential HVAC work. If the HO chooses to use their own electrician I discount the quote accordingly.
    Thank you firecontrol. That helped put me at ease.

It wasnt explained that in depth to me and i was just making sure this is 'normal' procedures. Seems as though it is.
    Definitley different from other homeowner installations i have had, but these units are unique and i want it done right along with the added benefit of extra warranty from Diamond dealers.

-Mark