Thread: intro

intro

hey yall, I have made my way around the site a few times looking for answers, decided to introduce myself, get the post count up and get the pro membership so that I will be able to easier gain some insight into issues we are running into. Started out in the HVAC field when i was about 12 years old running ductwork for an uncle on weekends and during the summers. High school came and went, and with college nowhere in sight i joined the US Marine Corps. I spent 4 years there as a diesel mech in 29 palms CA and a tour to Iraq in 2008. I ended my contract and continued the work as a gov contractor for about 2 years as I went to school for HVAC/Refrigeration and earned my associates. I took the advice of my father who has been in the business for about 30+ years and got into the service side of the trade. I have been working for a commercial company for about a year, maintaining 4 college campuses with another technician. I kind of skipped the residential area, except side jobs here and there and have been in the commercial/ industrial work. Being on big campus has helped out tremendously as we have a little bit of everything from a 70's carrier where every wire either black or yellow to some brand new yorks and tranes. I'm doing what i can and gaining every bit and piece of knowledge from my old man before he forgets it all, HA! Any help from yall is always greatly appreciated.

Welcome, my brother was over there around the same time also and as a diesel mech.

Thanks, yah I got tired of working on trucks all day and having to come home and work on cars. Stopped enjoying it so I decided to get back to HVAC and maybe start enjoying working on cars again

Welcome here! I came from the auto repair world and this is much better!

definitely is, much more of a challenge and room to grow and expand knowledge....luckily I am with a big company that has an abundance of training and learning network to put in all of the extra effort I want

Does the name tourtillott ring a bell, my bro has been there from the start as a diesel mech

dont think so, i deployed with CLB-1 security company, we provided security for EOD and wrecker/recovery teams, and also convoy security. I turned all my wrenches stateside with CLB-7