Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    in term of minisplits technology, no body beats the japanese. korean brand like LG or goldstar might be distance 2nd.
    I believe it, I spent hours on line and on foot checking out HVAC systems to replace my old Oil Heater. 1 tank of kero costs upward of 1200$ and who knows where the prices will go from here. Not down you can be sure. While I went somewhat unconventionally in buying 3 separate Units that was the only way to get the 3 zone system that would work down to -13 degrees and not need any back up. The units went in over the Christmas season and went on line Jan. 1st. In January we had a week of 5 degree weather which for our area is not normal. Still in total electric cost from January to the middle of May when they were turned over to AC was 320$ I would have spent at least that much in Kero for just one month.

Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    "don't pay any money up front. A good contractor will be able to purchase the equipment from the supply house and will be billed for it usually 30 days later".
    This is the most immature business statement I've read in awhile!
    Unbelievably immature!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Supposedly next year Mitsubishi will have multi heat hyper heat units out... That will be a game changer for many

Yes I had heard about them from my installer , but he did not have any idea when they would be ready. I think I still would have gone with 2 units so if 1 broke down in the dead of winter I would still have a back up. Not having a back up is the only draw back not needing the back up when the temps get cold.

but goodman is owned by daikin now. I still would rather have the daikin branded unit than the goodman.... lol.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

A mini-split is just that... made by Goodman, Mitsubishi, Friendrich, Fujitsu etc. and for a garage I would go with the cheapest one I can find.
    Mitsubishi would be the last brand I pick. by the way the "diamond dealer" thingy means a whole lot of nothing.

Prices are not allowed in the open forums.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    A mini-split is just that... made by Goodman, Mitsubishi, Friendrich, Fujitsu etc. and for a garage I would go with the cheapest one I can find.
    Mitsubishi would be the last brand I pick. by the way the "diamond dealer" thingy means a whole lot of nothing.
    I'm not sure about that statement. When mini splits are installed by hackers there will be problems down the road. You have less chance of getting a company that makes bad flares, poor evacuation, etc with a Diamond Dealer. Many contractors don't know how especially important it is on mini splits to have a tight clean system. It makes the difference between these things running properly for 20-30+ years to dead in 7. It doesn't mean a "whole lot of nothing". It is one thing to conciser when choosing a contractor.
    In 1959, Cuba wanted "CHANGE" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    I'm not sure about that statement. When mini splits are installed by hackers there will be problems down the road. You have less chance of getting a company that makes bad flares, poor evacuation, etc with a Diamond Dealer. Many contractors don't know how especially important it is on mini splits to have a tight clean system. It makes the difference between these things running properly for 20-30+ years to dead in 7. It doesn't mean a "whole lot of nothing". It is one thing to conciser when choosing a contractor.
    relax.... tons of the minisplits install in asia by who knows what "tradesmen" still running years later. they don't even own a meter or gauge most of the time. it won't fly here, but those chinese brand hackery works just fine most of the time.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

While being a diamond dealer does not insure that the contractor is the best, it does show that the company attended a training seminar that teaches the minimum criteria in regards to application, service and install. Having a Mitsubishi installed by a diamond dealer also extends the warranty by 2yrs above and beyond a non diamond dealer install as Mitsubishi realizes that the likelihood of failure by these contractors is lessened.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    relax.... tons of the minisplits install in asia by who knows what "tradesmen" still running years later. they don't even own a meter or gauge most of the time. it won't fly here, but those chinese brand hackery works just fine most of the time.
    I am relaxed and a good install is most important with mini splits. Sorry, but if you think otherwise you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    I am relaxed and a good install is most important with mini splits. Sorry, but if you think otherwise you don't know what you are talking about.
    That sounded a little harsh and I don't want to be that guy on a forum. My apologies. Lets just say, I disagree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12