Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LOL thanks. As far as "...It's ridiculous that a code enforcement guy would even let sh@# like that go down. " Well they don't inspect the homes here. Not in the Phoenix area anyway. I've never even seen a permit or an inspection for a change out OR a tract home!

As for your sister... you got it right. Leave it as is. When you get a chance pull her charge, vacuum it down really good and charge it with new gas. Because it's a 1 in 10 chance that it got a vacuum pump even ran on it when it was first started up!

Just an FYI that company sold its business last month, to a vietnamese guy, who has never done a/c a day in his life. Get ready for good times!!!
    Sometimes you need to make chicken soup out of chicken sh#t.

Quote Originally Posted by the realist View Post
    Just an FYI that company sold its business last month, to a vietnamese guy, who has never done a/c a day in his life. Get ready for good times!!!
    true story, they blew a bid of mine out by $2700 yes $2700, and i was already low being it was for a long time customer. they CANNOT make a profit on the price that i got faxed by H.O.

Quote Originally Posted by texas cooler View Post
    A lot of these clowns advertise including 1 lb. of freon and lead people into thinking they need to add freon every year to keep the system tuned up.
    I've had customers on this side of the US who've gotten the same BS story from the hack tuneup experts. One of my customers, a brand new never before been visited by me customer, got mad at me because I did not change out the freon for the coming summer since it's been there all year and surely must be worn out by now.
    The look on her face when I explained, carefully, that refrigerant does not ever "wear out", if it needs replacing that is only because it has become contaminated in some fashion from a greater problem, or there has been a leak in the system and the refrigerant was lost.

"The stuff never wears out, I'm sorry ma'am but someones been selling you a bill of goods."

I'm glad she wasn't gonna take it out of my hide, little 80 year old woman would have had me on the ground quick!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by the realist View Post
    Nice!

I wonder how that is gonna work?

Quote Originally Posted by snack pack View Post
    true story, they blew a bid of mine out by $2700 yes $2700, and i was already low being it was for a long time customer. they CANNOT make a profit on the price that i got faxed by H.O.
    What brand were each of you bidding?

BTW I bet they sell cheap, and try to make it up later on them P.M.'s! After all. They probably only pay the techs a certain percentage of his ticket rather than by the hour. So when they send them out on $39 P.M.'s, them techs better get cracking!

BTW the wife said yet ANOTHER company called today wanting to do a P.M. for us.
    She keeps telling them her husband does A/C.

I'm starting to wish I had taken some of your advice (last year) in this thread and went ahead and scheduled that P.M. $39 would be worth it to set up a few video cameras!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

shawn its a limit of 15 feet for most devices but you can use a powerd hub to boost the signal and it might work for you

Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    shawn its a limit of 15 feet for most devices but you can use a powerd hub to boost the signal and it might work for you
    I assume you are talking about USB devices?

Because I already found out they don't like to run long distances.

I'd use any combination of cameras that I already have. I have a Canon DV that records on digital tape at very high quality. I have a Kodak Z712 that does pretty good with it's 4 Gig SDHC card. I have a Kodak C340 which I carry in my work van that takes ok video and it has a 2 Gig card. I have my Palm Treo 700wx that takes video but not the best and it has 4 Gig SDHC card. And then I have several web cams laying around. The one I liek the most is the one in my living room I use to watch the kids. It is a HP high resolution Web Cam (640 x 480 instead of typical 320x240 ot even lower) and it even has a built in microphone that works through the usb and that sound is CLEAR. I use that camera to watch live video of my kids when I'm away.
    That one would work great for recording the conversation in the kitchen area when he comes inside to sell me some crap!

But I'd have to really plan where to put these things and then get them all to start recording!

Web cams are nice because you can start them remotely.
    True Heavy Metal Geek

.edited.
    Last edited by the realist; 05-06-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snack pack View Post

I can believe that, I have seen someone beat our price by 3500 on two system install and there price wasn`t but a couple hundred above what they beat me by

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post
    Nice!

What brand were each of you bidding?

!

my orriginal bid was AS 13seer, and Trane 15 seer. you can immagine how much higher that was than the goodman 13 that ace shot at them, being as they were a long time customer, i went ahead and rounded up a goodman bid for them. thats the bid they slaughtered me on, and they threw in the 10 yaer labor as well. at first i thought HO. was tryin to pull a fast one on me and asked to see a copy of the ace bid.(their total bid was less than my cost on the AM. STD.)

I bought a new jug of r-22 today for $180.00. Alot of companies will sell the first two pounds for 100 or more.

A few years ago here in Vegas there was a Company that was telemarketing to gain Customers, in there pitch they were telling people that they need to recharge there system every year becuase the Freon Evaporates I still love it when I talk to some neighbors and they ask me A/C questions and I even occaisionally get the "evaporating freon" question......... The good foot note to this little story is that the company had Both their lic pulled(they also did plumbing){scary thought}by the State Contractors board.. The other thing is that there are so many A/C companies here in Vegas (Around 250-300 depending on the year) that the hackers give a bad rep to the Legit guys trying to do it right!
    I don't care who you use as long as there not complete Muppets!

Let Them do a P.M.

This Thread is worthless without PICTURES of 39.95 P.M.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast