Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post
    Wow you guys make it so tempting.

The thing is, I bet with me prettending to be Joe Homeowner, and that tech opens my Rheem and finds a Carrier DO-It-Yourself Variable Speed Blower and wiring harness he's gonna either want an explanation, or say it's hacked and try to sell me a NEW system! (Goodman).

What do you think I'd say? My relative did it but moved away?

LOL dude you crack me up. I almost pissed myself when they were pimping out that "cut to size" filter on you. I wired up my Jeep with a remote start... great times, I'll take some pics for you. OH MY GAWD, speaking of Goodman, had a call this winter ... it was negative 3 out and this guy has a Goodman condensing furnace in his uninsulated basement... yeah it was a block of ice... Had a ton of problems not to mention the flue was terminating directly level with the ground and blowing straight on that GOODMAN condenser. Great stuff I tell you... Goodman boys, they'll sell to anyone that will put their stuff in.
    Don't settle for mediocrity, set higher standards for yourself than the rest.

I'd be curious to actually SEE this "cut to fit, custom made" filter they were talking about.

I wonder if it's HOG HAIR, or maybe some sort of white foam stuff on a roll?

I'd be curious to actually SEE this "cut to fit, custom made" filter they were talking about.

I wonder if it's HOG HAIR, or maybe some sort of white foam stuff on a roll?
    lol I bet it white foam to restrict air flow so they can come back out and charge someone up the A$$ saying their coil needs replaced or something.
    Don't settle for mediocrity, set higher standards for yourself than the rest.

Talking

LOL payson your such a prick. That poor girl. LOL I actually talked with a friend of mine when I was out there last that said the "aces" were coming to his house for the special but it would cost $200 extra to clean his condenser coils if needed. He has three units so I dont know if it was for one or each but either way you get the idea. I told him to call them and cancel it.

Im in an email battle with chainsaw charlie now trying to get information and specs on my sister in laws million dollar house she is building. It's amazing that they know how much extra they will charge for a 13 to 14 SEER upgrade but have no idea what equipment they are installing!!!
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Wow you guys make it so tempting.

The thing is, I bet with me prettending to be Joe Homeowner, and that tech opens my Rheem and finds a Carrier DO-It-Yourself Variable Speed Blower and wiring harness he's gonna either want an explanation, or say it's hacked and try to sell me a NEW system! (Goodman).

What do you think I'd say? My relative did it but moved away?
    These hacks would have fun at my house, trying to figure my system out. 5 ton condenser coil 2 ton compressor, varible speed fan, 3 ton evap coil, 4 ton drive blower, using mp39 refrigerant. My electric bill is nothing. Yes, I love refrigeration for over 30 years. Yes, I can make it cool in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by inturmoil View Post
    For 40 bucks I'd hire them! Come on. . .DO IT!!! Please?
    I am a service manager for a mechanical company in the Chicagoland area, and my service techs make an average of 35 dollars an hr, so how can I only charge 39.95 and make money.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tazzman1945 View Post
    These hacks would have fun at my house, trying to figure my system out. 5 ton condenser coil 2 ton compressor, varible speed fan, 3 ton evap coil, 4 ton drive blower, using mp39 refrigerant. My electric bill is nothing. Yes, I love refrigeration for over 30 years. Yes, I can make it cool in my house.
    Thats great I love it. You can't take away knowlage.

Hackmaster a/c

That's what I was curious about, will they look for the leak if there adding 1 lb/R-22.. Big savings there payson,better get on the list before it's to late.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Talking Lol

this thread is PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy-lvhm View Post
    LOL payson your such a prick. That poor girl. LOL I actually talked with a friend of mine when I was out there last that said the "aces" were coming to his house for the special but it would cost $200 extra to clean his condenser coils if needed. He has three units so I dont know if it was for one or each but either way you get the idea. I told him to call them and cancel it.

Im in an email battle with chainsaw charlie now trying to get information and specs on my sister in laws million dollar house she is building. It's amazing that they know how much extra they will charge for a 13 to 14 SEER upgrade but have no idea what equipment they are installing!!!
    Where is your sister in law's house going to be at?

Many of the new Charlie built systems are ok IF they are a very basic system. Now that they admit that flex duct needs to actually be STRAPPED instead of laying like a limp noodle all over the attics!

That said, IF Charlie is installing any ZONE systems then her system will be F**KED for sure!!! Charlie has absolutely NO CLUE on those things and have some new housing tracts these days with Zone Systems. Anthem & Surprise, AZ are two places I've seen the WORST excuse for Zone Systems in my life!

Check this one system out I happened to take some pictures of...
    http://www.hackfreehvac.com/ZoneSystemHackery.htm

Where is your sister in law's house going to be at?

Many of the new Charlie built systems are ok IF they are a very basic system. Now that they admit that flex duct needs to actually be STRAPPED instead of laying like a limp noodle all over the attics!

That said, IF Charlie is installing any ZONE systems then her system will be F**KED for sure!!! Charlie has absolutely NO CLUE on those things and have some new housing tracts these days with Zone Systems. Anthem & Surprise, AZ are two places I've seen the WORST excuse for Zone Systems in my life!

Check this one system out I happened to take some pictures of...
    http://www.hackfreehvac.com/ZoneSystemHackery.htm

yeah i saw that on your new site. great idea by the way.

she's in a new development in gilbert. I jsut got the info from a sales "engineer" at chas. basic carrier 14 seer (upgrade), N coil, with a 80 percent furnace. No zoning as far as I know. just two systems.

Maybe you can help me with my other issue though. This guy from chas claims they dont have to use R-8 flex because the builder meets qualifications that allow them to use R-6. Does that sound kosher.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy-lvhm View Post
    Maybe you can help me with my other issue though. This guy from chas claims they dont have to use R-8 flex because the builder meets qualifications that allow them to use R-6. Does that sound kosher.
    I actually don't know the code on what grade felx you can use.
    But trust me, the builders, contractors here have been trained "the blind leading the blind", so I wouldn't trust jack sheet from what any of those clowns tell you.

Go look at the two PURON condensers placed right up against each other on my website. Those were ALSO installed by Charlie at a friend's house 2 yrs ago in some pretty nice houses in West Surprise! Of course the mngmnt at Charlie argued about that stuff every step of the way on the repairs over there! It's because the techs start off as start up techs, move up the ranks learning all of the hackery. Then train the new green techs the same f-ed up methods.

There are also 10 to 1 odds that your sister's line sets had a vacuum pump even hooked up before opening them king valves (after they blew the nitro) on the start ups!

I actually don't know the code on what grade felx you can use.
    But trust me, the builders, contractors here have been trained "the blind leading the blind", so I wouldn't trust jack sheet from what any of those clowns tell you.

Go look at the two PURON condensers placed right up against each other on my website. Those were ALSO installed by Charlie at a friend's house 2 yrs ago in some pretty nice houses in West Surprise! Of course the mngmnt at Charlie argued about that stuff every step of the way on the repairs over there! It's because the techs start off as start up techs, move up the ranks learning all of the hackery. Then train the new green techs the same f-ed up methods.

There are also 10 to 1 odds that your sister's line sets had a vacuum pump even hooked up before opening them king valves (after they blew the nitro) on the start ups!

Yeah I saw them. Her current house has a Goodman thats about that far from the house and to the wall is jusssst enough for me to squeeze my fat a$$ through. I already am surrendering to the fact that I will just have to see what they do and fix it later on one of my visits. Their sales engineer sounds like a real knuckle dragger too. All one and two word answers. No professionalism at all. I think I'm starting to piss him off with all the questions too.

It amazes me that these people get away with this type of work. You would think after a while that people would start to figure out their getting junk work done. I took one look in my father in laws attic that day and wanted to puke. It's ridiculous that a code enforcement guy would even let sh@# like that go down.

I need to email you one day or drop me one if you get a chance. Have a few things to ask you off the board. Maybe you can help me.

Keep up the good work on the site. I'm sure most of it ends up here too but its nice to get it out to the public. I'm going to add a section like that to my site one day. LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast