Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ah the mental image of a propane bottle used for heating in a hearth showroom made me lol. Look ladies and gentlemen it's "safe" clean and 100% efficient, and depending on your interior decor could be even more BTU output than you thought possible! okay I had my fun I will now direct you to look at hearthmans avatar that's is a conservative estimation of what will happen to your home should you get any bright(pun intended!) ideas

I hate to admit it but that kinda happened in our shoowroom about 20 years back. Tech removed a insert and didnt cap a line. Same day another tech turned on one of 25 unmarked valves!!! Do i need to say more!!!! It was a sight to behold when the adjoining F/P pilot lit it off. I was at my desk when it happened and needless to say had to throw out my chair... . The tech that didnt cap the line and tag the valve is now i believe working at wallyworld in lawn and garden!! And yes it was a realistic fire lol.

lol wow, kinda bad for business if your showroom burns down haha

Yes not the best way to showcase your work. All was good though, except for a whole lot of fire extinguisher powder you would never know lol. I'm happy to report a pretty much perfect safety record since then. Sorry to hijack the thread but by now i think everyone understands the importance of not removing or bypassing any safety devices even with homeowners knowledge not to mention the signed admission that it was done...holy crap lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12