Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I agree with you York56.I always thought OEM's gave everyone A rate.I just find it funny that goin in to philly no problem A rate, work in nj with a 420 A book no problem. Work alone or with any nj B book and you gotta throw a fit and be confident in your work to get any over scale from our shop and most others.I guess I'm getting old and tired of the fight. Just should be happy to have a job as the hall says.
    If New Jersey followed the way Philly UA works this state would be much better off but like you said the UA states your lucky to be working so be happy.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Got to love the paperhangers with a bigger rate than the controls guys........If I could only weld a piece of pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Got to love the paperhangers with a bigger rate than the controls guys........If I could only weld a piece of pipe?
    Yea why is that most technical piece of the trade which most people don't even understand how it works but the first to blame so its gotta be controls.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Upstate NY Local 7 guy here. I work for A-rate + up here, (we don't have a B). I went down to NYC to help out for a couple weeks last year. I was surprised to find out that I was working for B-rate, and making just barely more than Upstate.
    Perspicacity

i did work for these guys off Long Island handling the KMARTS/rooftops and SEARS/chillers from Rockland just over the Tappan Zee Bridge out to Montauk.they have/had all the stores down into Virgnia never met a chiller guy
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    i did work for these guys off Long Island handling the KMARTS/rooftops and SEARS/chillers from Rockland just over the Tappan Zee Bridge out to Montauk.they have/had all the stores down into Virgnia never met a chiller guy
    Cant say I have ever seen a company advertise union on the side of a truck. I have a sticker on my window but I like the lettering idea.. I'm surprised to see UA322 on the top of that list...
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12