Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Any New Jersey Chiller Techs

Just wondering who on this forum works in the New Jersey area, North or South Jersey. Also wondering if your union or non union. My self I work the entire state along with PA and DE and am union. Curious minds want to know.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Not a chiller tech by any means but im working to get there. The shop I work for does a little of everything. We have a couple guys that do a lot of the chillers. Recips, screws, water and air cooled. No centrifugals.. I'll do a service calls here and there.. Local 322.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

abs glad to see you back

Thanks, glad to be back.
    Quote Originally Posted by r404a View Post
    abs glad to see you back
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Chiller guy, central jersey mostly, we do go down to cape may on from time to time

Yes good to see you back, I was wondering what had happened to ya.
    Superheat, that must be REALLY hot.

I'm also Local 322 member and trying to become a chiller guy. I have been able to work some centrifugals, screws, recips, and scroll chillers. I'm a well rounded tech just trying to get as much exposure under my belt as passible. We also run all over the state from Cape May to almost NY State.

I'm a 420 guy out of Phila, but work for a Union shop in South Jersey. About 65-70% of my work is chillers. I've been slowly working my way into that type of work over the last 5 years. I took a few Chiller courses prior to working on them and most of my experience over the last 5 years have been service oriented and winter work. Have limited experience with tear downs.

I'm a 322 member. I work for a shop out of Philly with a new branch in central nj.We have 420,322,9,274 one big happy family. I do about 50 / 50 on chillers,boilers and mainly med facilities. Have run a few teardowns, slide valves etc. Learning every day. We have a good support group of 30+ yr guys. Love this site for tech manuals and experienced advice. Mainly work Newark to Cape May and Philly occasionally.
    My question for 322 members , Why don't we have an A rate for high tonnage? Not to change subject.
    cant make this crap up

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    We have 420,322,9,274 one big happy family.
    Wow......I would love to know what company that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I'm a 322 member. I work for a shop out of Philly with a new branch in central nj.We have 420,322,9,274 one big happy family. I do about 50 / 50 on chillers,boilers and mainly med facilities. Have run a few teardowns, slide valves etc. Learning every day. We have a good support group of 30+ yr guys. Love this site for tech manuals and experienced advice. Mainly work Newark to Cape May and Philly occasionally.
    My question for 322 members , Why don't we have an A rate for high tonnage? Not to change subject.
    Because most of the shops and OEM's have a real hard time with that number , I mean really most of them have a problem with stand by pay for being on call if they won't give you that there gonna give you a hard time with A rate plus B bennies plus what ever else you want. I agree thou there should be a different scale for large tonnage work good luck getting that vote from the UA and contractors.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

I agree with you York56.I always thought OEM's gave everyone A rate.I just find it funny that goin in to philly no problem A rate, work in nj with a 420 A book no problem. Work alone or with any nj B book and you gotta throw a fit and be confident in your work to get any over scale from our shop and most others.I guess I'm getting old and tired of the fight. Just should be happy to have a job as the hall says.
    cant make this crap up

The plumbers and fitters of the UA are pushing that "B" rate on us service techs, I quit before accepting a lower rate than somebody that fixes toilets for a living.
    I'm capable of running miles of pipe,know how to weld but none of them can do my job, screw that "B" rate crap, same goes for "light commercial" if I need an extension ladder and is more than 120V, its commercial!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast